Delisted Jackson Hately [requested a trade to Adelaide, walked to the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to scrap the PSD. You get pick 1 for finishing bottom. Getting the extra cherry of being able to leverage a side to give you a young first round prospect or an established star for nothing is stupid.
I think if it’s used like this it’s gone. Martin wasn’t a great look last year but if clubs start to see it as a genuine option the AFL should pull it.

Most if it your own making.
LOL .. in both Keath and Greenwoods cases they were offered new contracts and would've been happy to stay. Getting longer contracts on better money at other clubs is no problem given change in list direction the club chose to take.

I really don't care that they chose to leave, however I find it amusing some posters posters promoting fair trading this year when clearly both of those players were worth more than Adelaide received as compensation. As was Brad Crouch

LOL .. in both Keath and Greenwoods cases they were offered new contracts and would've been happy to stay. Getting longer contracts on better money at other clubs is no problem given change in list direction the club chose to take.

I really don't care that they chose to leave, however I find it amusing some posters posters promoting fair trading this year when clearly both of those players were worth more than Adelaide received as compensation. As was Brad Crouch
You changed your contract to Keath by reducing it by a year at the last minute.

So you believe every tweet...

Guess you think Trump made America great too.
Never said I believe it, I commented on the contents of that tweet.
I have no idea what relevance Trump and America have in your comment. Just by typing “Trump” in your message doesn’t make you some great satirist. Pretty sure you have no idea why you’ve mentioned Trump yourself.

Last edited:
Never said I believe it, I commented on the contents of that tweet.
I have no idea what relevance Trump and America have in your comment. Just by typing “Trump” in your message doesn’t make you some great satirist. Pretty sure you have no idea why you’ve mentioned Trump yourself.
You said it was poor form by Adelaide... yet the tweet is not from Adelaide but a no name who has no clue what is going on.

So your post is poor form...

Last edited:
You changed your contract to Keath by reducing it by a year at the last minute.
No, we just never offered him the number of years he was after.

Now you are just making up BS.

Btw, personally i would have offered him a longer deal.

C
No, we just never offered him the number of years he was after.

Now you are just making up BS.

Btw, personally i would have offered him a longer deal.
Correct. Both Greenwood and Keath wanted their next contract to be long term and more money, as they would most likely be their last. Adelaide didn't want to offer them that, someone else did, so they left. Both would have stayed if the contract were matched by Adelaide.
Now wether Adelaide did the right thing is up for grabs. They have messed up a few trades lately, so their competence in trading is in question.

Here's an out of the box trade.
We could take a punt on trading Pick 9 for GWS 2021 first + Hatley.
If we think GWS are going to be around the same mark next year, less NGA kids, stronger draft and more SA kids.
Need pick 9 to move up in this years draft.

I'm guessing this ends up as pick 40 + a swap of future thirds

23 shouldn't be on the table. That would basically be trading Brad Crouch for Hately, which would be pure negligence on our behalf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both would have stayed if the contract were matched by Adelaide.
And Brad Crouch was totally happy to stay as well after the club shopped him around.

And Brad Crouch was totally happy to stay as well after the club shopped him around.
🥱 He shopped himself around

Was he? In these situations it's wise to be sceptical about what any party says to the media.

Don't really get all the fuss about him walking to PSD, when you compare it to Carlton who took a top 5 player from the worst team in the comp to taking a fringe player from a team 1 year removed from a grand final doesn't seem so bad

Don't really get all the fuss about him walking to PSD, when you compare it to Carlton who took a top 5 player from the worst team in the comp to taking a fringe player from a team 1 year removed from a grand final doesn't seem so bad
Its a shame the demons didn't take him, ideally that path is fraught with danger, but always seems to result in the player getting to their desired club.

C
Correct. Both Greenwood and Keath wanted their next contract to be long term and more money, as they would most likely be their last. Adelaide didn't want to offer them that, someone else did, so they left. Both would have stayed if the contract were matched by Adelaide.
Now wether Adelaide did the right thing is up for grabs. They have messed up a few trades lately, so their competence in trading is in question.

Yep, whether the Crows did the right thing or not will be judged in how those players perform in the years the Crows did not want to offer them, not in the first two years that the Crows were happy to contract them.

Wow - what a bargain if he goes to the PSD!!!
So jealous - really rate Jackson and has a really solid ‘vibe’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back