News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I support our actions, which mirror my own views from before trade period started

but...

I can see why GWS might be annoyed too, as we have been happy trade partners before.

we have their first round pick this year, and they didn’t complain. We’ve swapped a lot of value in the 2nd round and they’ve never complained. A fair few pick swaps that went our way, and they took it all on the chin. Jenna Jameson style

win some you lose some they have said with good grace

from their point of view maybe they expected just a bit better from one of their close friends across the trade table

Their demands for him weren't anywhere reasonable either.

So they can't exactly blame us for not coming to the table.

Except McCartney was 100% right. Most clubs hate dealing with Essendon because of how unreasonable they are.

The problem with the Essendon situation with Dunkley is that they‘d convinced a player to come to them, and then stumped up bugger all at the trade table to get him. It’s left Dunkley looking like an idiot, and it’s another situation during this trade period where they players agent really needs to have a long hard look at himself for failing read the situation properly.
I think it hurts Essendon a bit. A player might be keen on getting to them in the future, especially whilst in contract, and the agent is just going to say ‘look don’t bother, Bombers aren’t going to cough up enough to get you out of your contract’

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The problem with the Essendon situation with Dunkley is that they‘d convinced a player to come to them, and then stumped up bugger all at the trade table to get him. It’s left Dunkley looking like an idiot, and it’s another situation during this trade period where they players agent really needs to have a long hard look at himself for failing read the situation properly.
I think it hurts Essendon a bit. A player might be keen on getting to them in the future, especially whilst in contract, and the agent is just going to say ‘look don’t bother, Bombers aren’t going to cough up enough to get you out of your contract’

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep, same s**t they've been pulling for years. It's why their list is in such a pathetic state despite not having challenged for a premiership in quite some time and been gifted a few very good draft picks via their drug bullshit.

Watched the replay of our round 16 match against GWS in which Hately played. 11 touches, 7 tackles, looked okay. Seemed to be mostly playing back with spurts in the midfield. Took a couple of good intercept marks and reads the play well.

How good is it we got Jackson for free?
excuse me

how does that excuse the AFC for its complete incompetence over the last decade, plus everyone knows it was GWS that sent him here for free to teach our amateur admin a lesson.

Still can't believe Trigg wasn't sacked on the spot.

excuse me

how does that excuse the AFC for its complete incompetence over the last decade, plus everyone knows it was GWS that sent him here for free to teach our amateur admin a lesson.

Still can't believe Trigg wasn't sacked on the spot.
0ab15a065612a86e7ff3a1ff871662bf.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We said the same thing about Thompson.

Thommo started 2016 on fire though. If they'd planned his season and had a 2 or 3 2 game freshen up periods he'd have still been a worthy selection. As it was he just deteriorated to the point of barely being able to get from stoppage to stoppage without being in obvious discomfort. Tex was cooked from the get go. I think the difference is Tex has played injured a lot and has destroyed his lower half in the last 3 years whereas Thommo's body more slowly wore down over the journey.

Thommo started 2016 on fire though. If they'd planned his season and had a 2 or 3 2 game freshen up periods he'd have still been a worthy selection. As it was he just deteriorated to the point of barely being able to get from stoppage to stoppage without being in obvious discomfort. Tex was cooked from the get go. I think the difference is Tex has played injured a lot and has destroyed his lower half in the last 3 years whereas Thommo's body more slowly wore down over the journey.

Signing Tex for 2021 would be the equivilent of signing Thompson for 2017, not 2016.

Also for the record Thommos 2016 stats do NOT reflect the reality of his year. He collected plenty of the ball but was absolutely terrible, couldn't run, didn't defend and his disposals were terrible.

Signing Tex for 2021 would be the equivilent of signing Thompson for 2017, not 2016.

Also for the record Thommos 2016 stats do NOT reflect the reality of his year. He collected plenty of the ball but was absolutely terrible, couldn't run, didn't defend and his disposals were terrible.

As I said, he started the year on fire, first handful of games were vintage. What I'm saying is that when Thommo was extended end of 2016 his most recent patch of very solid form was still in that season. Whereas it's odds on that if Tex was to be extended into 22 his most recent patch of very solid form would have been 4 season prior. Extending Tex would be 100 times worse than extending Thommo. And extending Thommo was ridiculously stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back