News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Signing Tex for 2021 would be the equivilent of signing Thompson for 2017, not 2016.

Also for the record Thommos 2016 stats do NOT reflect the reality of his year. He collected plenty of the ball but was absolutely terrible, couldn't run, didn't defend and his disposals were terrible.

Yes and no.

Thommo 2016 was rather similar to Betts 2020. Genuinely, the first 6 weeks, Scott was on AA pace and was looking like he'd found a way to stave off that he was aging. That said, it ended up being the last bit of quality AFL production left in Scott being eeked out instead of a permanent thing. By the end of the season, he'd had fallen off the cliff.

His stats certainly don't reflect his year, but I don't think you'll find anything that properly does.

It's almost like you never watched any of our games last season...
It’s like you’re main drive is that play, “you didn’t watch”, but the thing is we are still the 18th midfield and his disposal is still s**t.
He is not elite in disposal especially under pressure.

Go watch some of his work for Centrals.. Lad will be a cracker.
I rewatched his preseason games this year where he spent time on ball for gws. He looked very solid. I am confident he will be a very good player for us. Excellent work rate and big body at the stoppage. Will be a real accumulator and distributor of the ball.

My gut feel is he will be something like david mundy and that would be a huge result for us.

It’s like you’re main drive is that play, “you didn’t watch”, but the thing is we are still the 18th midfield and his disposal is still sh*t.
He is not elite in disposal especially under pressure.
Well then you need to watch more closely then as your comment is clueless... ;)

Well then you need to watch more closely then as your comment is clueless... ;)
It’s not really. He gets quite reactive when on the hammer and doesn’t take the tackle and his under pressure dump kicks have been an issue. That’s why he’s better up the ground in central mid rotation.

I rewatched his preseason games this year where he spent time on ball for gws. He looked very solid. I am confident he will be a very good player for us. Excellent work rate and big body at the stoppage. Will be a real accumulator and distributor of the ball.

My gut feel is he will be something like david mundy and that would be a huge result for us.
Yep. The only reason he couldn’t put up numbers during the H&A season is due to GWS’ stacked midfield. He’ll get a lot of opportunities here, and hopefully he’ll capitalise on it by performing like he did in the ‘20 preseason for us

It’s not really. He gets quite reactive when on the hammer and doesn’t take the tackle and his under pressure dump kicks have been an issue. That’s why he’s better up the ground in central mid rotation.

He is still a kid. Not everyone is matt Rowell or Sam Walsh - he will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rory Laird is a pretty old kid.

Watch out, Kane Korea about to do an article on why Rozee is better than Hatley

The best part about getting him now and not two years ago, is that the first two preseasons of his career haven't been under Matt Hass.
They were under Nick Poulos though, and the HUGE Giants injury list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back