News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Just thought I would post a copy of an email I sent the club. I have no idea if they even read them, however putting it here might add to the chance that it makes a difference.

Good morning Adam,

I have been a supporter and member of the club since it was formed back in 1991, and during that time I have watched all the ups and downs and thoroughly enjoyed being part of a truly great organisation. Whilst I have not always agreed with every decision that the club has made during that time, I have never the less always felt that overall the best interests of the club and its supporters have been the goal, and therefore I have trusted the decision making to achieve those goals. However the pending decision on matching Brad Crouches free agency bid has finally made me feel that it was worth me putting my opinions to you, mainly as I am not sure that you would be aware of the extent of strong feeling this decision is having with the average supporter that I talk to every day. The simple fact is that every AFC supporter, without exception, that I have talked to, and this would number at least 40-50 would want the club to match the offer for Brad.

We, the average supporters, have had enough of the negative press and overall unfair criticism this great club receives compared to any of the other 17 clubs in the competition, and we feel that this a line in the sand moment to start forcing the narrative to become one of grudging respect, rather than open contempt. I realise that you have plans for this draft, and that getting any compensation for Brad might feel like it is worth it for executing those plans, however I strongly feel that the long term damage of rolling over now will far out way any potential gains.

I would like to assure you and the rest of the list management team, that should you match the offer, then I and all of my friends would in no way hold you responsible for any of the repercussions that might ensue. We would back you to the hilt and live and die by the decision that I feel would galvanise all supporters going into next year.

Sincerely

You've snookered yourself by saying "way" instead of "weigh"! ;)

PSD now for mine. Stuff the AFL, we will get shafted at every opportunity need to take our chances whilst at the bottom.

100% this now,
Let it be known that through our poor brad crouch compo our plans have changed and we are going to force him to the PSD.

Has to be PSD now
Oh I agree ... but I could just feel the questioning in the statement. Even without the question mark. :-(

Set those expectations low everyone.

Waiting for Mackay to be resigned as an experienced mentor to the young-uns.

Oh what a great year it has been for us AFC supporters ... and there is absolutely more to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll offer our future first round pick expecting us to make top 4 next season

come on now, surely we have to throw in some steak knives to get the deal over the line. Do you think they might be interested in Doedee?

come on now, surely we have to throw in some steak knives to get the deal over the line. Do you think they might be interested in Doedee?
Doedee isn't really steak knives. It'd have to be Matt Crouch, that classic sort of pick 40 midfielder

Doedee isn't really steak knives. It'd have to be Matt Crouch, that classic sort of pick 40 midfielder

Oh, I thought we were saving him for next years free agency so St Kilda could take a shot at him to keep the brothers together?

Oh, I thought we were saving him for next years free agency so St Kilda could take a shot at him to keep the brothers together?
'Matt Crouch has signed a 6 year deal worth 800k per year with St Kilda. Adelaide have been offered an end of third round compensation pick. They have 3 days to match'.
'We understand only 150k of the 800k is guaranteed, so Adelaide has qualified for band 5 compensation'.
'Adelaide have decided not to match. Matt Crouch now joins his brother at the Saints.'

As hard as it is, I think we have to get Hately for peanuts now as we are so far down on the draft capital we should have got for he who shall not be named. I think a 3rd rounder at best and we have to play this very differently than we just did. GWS really have no bargaining position at all - but I'll bet they make a bluff play and our inept idiots will be caught between a rock and a hard place on what to do.

We need ALL our 2nd rounders if we are any chance to get extra 1st round picks..but I am not expecting very much from this admin team now and think we will end up going to the draft with the picks we have minus whatever overs they cough up for Hately

Anyone want to bet this goes down to the last hour of the last day?

I can just see us offering up a ridiculously late pick and bluffing the PSD, before giving in at the last minute and offering up 23 as we want to be known as fair traders.....

You can guarantee Adam Kelly will be watching hold 'em YouTube videos for the next week......

As hard as it is, I think we have to get Hately for peanuts now as we are so far down on the draft capital we should have got for he who shall not be named. I think a 3rd rounder at best and we have to play this very differently than we just did. GWS really have no bargaining position at all - but I'll bet they make a bluff play and our inept idiots will be caught between a rock and a hard place on what to do.

We need ALL our 2nd rounders if we are any chance to get extra 1st round picks..but I am not expecting very much from this admin team now and think we will end up going to the draft with the picks we have minus whatever overs they cough up for Hately
We really aren't down on draft capital .. and tbf to North, they may also be rebuilding and getting SFA for Brown, they did have a lot of injuries this year

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 11.16.11 pm.png

Why do only 2 clubs have 5th rd picks?
Probably need to ask Lore. May be a reflection of current list spots available

On the other hand the page hasn't been loading to well for me either, maybe there are blank spots because the guinea pigs driving Chiefs servers are worn out?

Waiting for Mackay to be resigned as an experienced mentor to the young-uns.

Oh what a great year it has been for us AFC supporters ... and there is absolutely more to come.
You just know this is the good news story to counterbalance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back