News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Great news! Even better that he's requested to be traded to specifically us and not just Adelaide the city

The WB 2nd should do the trick here
Forgive my ignorance but that's 29 isn't it?

I believe so, likely later with NGA bids/FA compo still to come
We will offer 29 they will want 20.

Lots of bullshit talk for a while and then it will settle as
Hately and 2021/4th for 29 and 44 (possibly 2021/3rd or Rat compo pending where it falls) or something to that nature. I wouldn't as I'd like the points to bank for our guys if a bid comes.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is the official statement from GWS:

"Jackson has informed the club of his hope to return to South Australia so we will now investigate trade options with a view to getting the best possible outcome for the Giants"
I see that too..there is a lot of talk it is to us but the GWS commentary just mentions South Australia. I wonder if there is any other commentary to show he has specifically nominated us?

EDIT..sorry, the article does say Adelaide Crows

Midfielder Jackson Hately has informed the club of his desire to be traded to the Adelaide Crows.

General Manager Football Jason McCartney said: “Jackson has informed the club of his hope to return to South Australia so we will now investigate trade options with a view to getting the best possible outcome for the GIANTS."

Hately played 13 games across two seasons since joining the GIANTS as pick 14 in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft.

The 19-year old played predominately as a midfielder and kicked two goals in his 13 games.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
We will offer 29 they will want 20.

Lots of bullshit talk for a while and then it will settle as
Hately and 2021/4th for 29 and 44 (possibly 2021/3rd or Rat compo pending where it falls) or something to that nature. I wouldn't as I'd like the points to bank for our guys if a bid comes.
Yeah I'd also like to have some points for our three NGA/FS guys, would take the 2021 pick swap over giving up 44

I wouldn't think that GWS have that much leverage here though, has specifically nominated us (Port out of the question) and is OOC

I see that too..there is a lot of talk it is to us but the GWS commentary just mentions South Australia. I wonder if there is any other commentary to show he has specifically nominated us?
The post on GWS website specifically mentions the Crows

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Um, the GWS statement opens with with this? "Midfielder Jackson Hately has informed the club of his desire to be traded to the Adelaide Crows."

Back