News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Really thought he would turn into an elite forward in the Lynch mould that could also go behind the ball. I assumed he'd get midfielder fit and the combination of his aerial prowess and ability to hit targets turning inside or outside off either foot would have made him a star of the competition. I'm not sure Teague's plan for him, but it was obvious vastly different to mine.
People forget Gov was fit enough to play his 1st few games for us off a wing.

His fitness levels have gone to s**t purely because of laziness.

We were lucky to trade him when we did.

Really thought he would turn into an elite forward in the Lynch mould that could also go behind the ball. I assumed he'd get midfielder fit and the combination of his aerial prowess and ability to hit targets turning inside or outside off either foot would have made him a star of the competition. I'm not sure Teague's plan for him, but it was obvious vastly different to mine.
They think he's unfit but he seems to have lost all his footy nous since going to Carlton. He was a smart player at Adelaide. Had a knack for being in the right place at the right time. These days he seems to jog around without purpose or urgency and can't find the pill.

Yeah have seen that. Great interview. But I am biased as he was my first football idol. And love his commentary now.

What I meant is that he never saw it coming.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No doubt about that. I was nearly done same angle by a square bloke when playing against one of the Port area teams while at Adelaide Lutheran. Chasing opponent full bore 2-3 metres inside boundary line and twigged at the last second so was able to brace. I bounced off him and nearly made the fence. If I'd not had that last moment realisation I'd have been destroyed.

Injured Greenwood, injured Walker and then 3 injuries inside the first half.

Talia as well went in injured. But, this was at least partially caused by the stringent adherence to the altar of continuity. Can't rest players, even if they're injured, continuity credits are more important. Because, as we all know, the premiership is always determined by who arrives with the greatest number of continuity credits. We used the least number of players that year, so I can only assume that we won that flag.

They think he's unfit but he seems to have lost all his footy nous since going to Carlton. He was a smart player at Adelaide. Had a knack for being in the right place at the right time. These days he seems to jog around without purpose or urgency and can't find the pill.
He never really found the pill that much with us either.

It was sparodic at best.

However in a firing forward line, these things get forgotten. In a disfunctional forward line these things are amplified.

When he was with us we were scoring from everywhere and had so many avenues to goal. We sold the story to Carlton that Mitch would be the elite go to forward in any other team. Lucky for us they bought that.

He never really found the pill that much with us either.

It was sparodic at best.

However in a firing forward line, these things get forgotten. In a disfunctional forward line these things are amplified.

When he was with us we were scoring from everywhere and had so many avenues to goal. We sold the story to Carlton that Mitch would be the elite go to forward in any other team. Lucky for us they bought that.

Did someone say KFC?

He should be playing as a defender. Doesn't have the skill or smarts to play as a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if we're going to use horse gaits as a comparison we need to stick with the traditional terms - walk, jig-jog, trot, canter or gallop
It was quite loping.. maybe a jig jog though

A thread full of posters saying they hope that we pay something to another club for no reason at all other than to be 'honourable' before descending to some weird gloat about a guy who left when we literally just won the spoon is the most AFC thing yet.

No doubt about that. I was nearly done same angle by a square bloke when playing against one of the Port area teams while at Adelaide Lutheran. Chasing opponent full bore 2-3 metres inside boundary line and twigged at the last second so was able to brace. I bounced off him and nearly made the fence. If I'd not had that last moment realisation I'd have been destroyed.

I remember that day and thought you were closer to jogging rather than going full bore. (you may just be a slow runner though)

My mate Panders thought you were stationary when the collision took place, I'll see if I can find the footage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back