News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty won the Norm Smith, but it was their rebound from our 50 that won them the game.

Houli was far more important for the win and BOG in my view.

I said to the guys I was watching the game with in the middle of the second quarter we will lose once I noticed this.

It was the worst F50 pressure of the year and a sign the players felt the win would come.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Houli hands down should have got the Norm Smith that day!

asss
obviously not much of a boxer... has left himself wide open there to his opponents right jab..
It looks more like he was blocking the left while throwing a left, Still coming from a low position both leaving the head wide open
However the Guy look solid and Fit and at a decent size, Will play first-round barring injuries,

Friend of mine watched the final training session before selection and his hammy was NOT healed. Said he was proppy and favouring that leg bigtime.

Yeah, fair call on that. I should've been a bit more specific and pointed out that I agree with not picking him but picking Otten was a terrible decision. As others have said, Milera should've been in.. s**t I would've taken Hampton over Otten lol

Yeah, fair call on that. I should've been a bit more specific and pointed out that I agree with not picking him but picking Otten was a terrible decision. As others have said, Milera should've been in.. sh*t I would've taken Hampton over Otten lol
I would've taken Menzel. And he got delisted a few days later

Eh, they wouldn't be the first kid to play their first game in a grand final, and the role is simple enough.

It played a key role in costing us that game. After all, we all but sacrificed the ability to stop the ball rebounding out of our forward 50 because we went in with a forward unit which was both too slow and not defensively minded enough. If there has been a development in the last 10 years it's how punishing it is to allow another team to rebound freely. After all, your just praying that for some reason they can't defend at that point because you're not going to be able to.

Its probably the biggest reason we lost. If not tied with selecting an injured Greenwood. That grand final was lost in selections on Thursday (+ some bad luck that the two players who sparked us out of our slump got injured).

Was so frustrated with our selection. Otten was always going to get 7/8 touches and no tackles. Should have definitely played a small and tasked them to tackle and defend and harass. I do think stubbornness at selection cost us dearly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was so frustrated with our selection. Otten was always going to get 7/8 touches and no tackles. Should have definitely played a small and tasked them to tackle and defend and harass. I do think stubbornness at selection cost us dearly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I remember thinking we'd lost the game as soon as Otten was listed on the team sheet. I was still having flashbacks to the Collingwood game that season where the Pies just played through Otten's opponent who was basically a loose man whenever they needed to exit defensive 50. Tore us apart every single time.

I remember thinking we'd lost the game as soon as Otten was listed on the team sheet. I was still having flashbacks to the Collingwood game that season where the Pies just played through Otten's opponent who was basically a loose man whenever they needed to exit defensive 50. Tore us apart every single time.
Any chance we can trade Otten for Jackson Hately? How is this remotely relevant to the thread?

If we didn't use the PSD to get Hately, who else would we be using it for? Surely not Fantasia?

We should offer GWS a deal that's not great for them, just so we can keep threatening others with the PSD. Again, I'd ask what Bonar was worth, a 3rd and 4th, like 44 and 50

Been going back and forward over this but I dont see why we should spend pick 29 on Hately. If roles were reversed, GWS would probably give us no better than a third rounder or two.

Been going back and forward over this but I dont see why we should spend pick 29 on Hately. If roles were reversed, GWS would probably give us no better than a third rounder or two.

We shouldn’t spend 29.

I love having pick 1 in the PSD

This would only be better if Hately played for Essendon or the Bulldogs

We shouldn’t spend 29.

I love having pick 1 in the PSD

This would only be better if Hately played for Essendon or the Bulldogs

Yeah I'm coming around to that thought and also yes, it's a damn shame its GWS and not a club I'd love to screw over.

I disagree with the "sign the players felt the win would come" comment. We selected that way. Walker, Jenkins, Lynch, Otten as tall forwards is putting a lot of stress on Cameron, Knight and Betts to provide defensive pressure. Whereas at least McGovern was capable defensively.

Replacing McGovern with Otten was one of the dumbest moves we could have made.
But selecting Otten was also a sign the club felt the win would come. It would be a sweet story for Crow media

I was quite happy to give up 29 for Hately originally. But as we get closer to the draft i'm actually getting more bullish about not giving up any 2nd's for established players. I want those picks as ammo for draft trades.

If we didn't use the PSD to get Hately, who else would we be using it for? Surely not Fantasia?

We should offer GWS a deal that's not great for them, just so we can keep threatening others with the PSD. Again, I'd ask what Bonar was worth, a 3rd and 4th, like 44 and 50
What makes you think we'll use the PSD at all?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back