Player Watch Jackson Hately

Remove this Banner Ad

For mine this is our 2nd best pick up of the offseason after TT. Caps off an outstanding period of this clubs rebuild. Still a lot to do, but I feel like we have put a lot of the pieces in place now.

But we still have to give these guys opportunities. List management has done their job. Now over to the coaches.

For mine this is our 2nd best pick up of the offseason after TT. Caps off an outstanding period of this clubs rebuild. Still a lot to do, but I feel like we have put a lot of the pieces in place now.

But we still have to give these guys opportunities. List management has done their job. Now over to the coaches.

I too rate Thiley Thilthorpe

1607565066587.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it is that Hately comes with real optimism he can become a very good player for us like Thompson was thought to at the time we got him. I am very happy to get him and for the price we paid, it takes some of the bitter taste from the brad Crouch fiasco away for me

Maybe it is that Hately comes with real optimism he can become a very good player for us like Thompson was thought to at the time we got him. I am very happy to get him and for the price we paid, it takes some of the bitter taste from the brad Crouch fiasco away for me

Thompson was the great white hope they were desperate to not lose, and we paid a high price

A player of similar standing at a similar stage of his career returning home. I feel like Hately has the potential to be something close to Scott Thompson. Thompson was still unrealised potential when he arrived.

it wasn’t similar standing though. Thompson had broken out and they were desperate to keep him

hopefully the impact of Hately can be similar though

unlike a lot of players who move, Hately doesn’t come with baggage or not having lived up to expectations.

he’s just a player at the early stages of his journey, who prefers a move home

second chance players who need a change to realise potential are a different to situation to this. So I guess having talked myself into it, I can see some common links between the two

it wasn’t similar standing though. Thompson had broken out and they were desperate to keep him

hopefully the impact of Hately can be similar though

unlike a lot of players who move, Hately doesn’t come with baggage or not having lived up to expectations.

he’s just a player at the early stages of his journey, who prefers a move home

second chance players who need a change to realise potential are a different to situation to this. So I guess having talked myself into it, I can see some common links between the two

I can see the similarities. Both first-round midfielders from SA who wants to return home long before they've had a chance to show their full potential. Both seem like sure bets to be AFL players, and the only real question is whether they'll be good or very good.

The main difference here is that we didn't have to give up anything this time.

It is that long ago I can't recall what we paid? But nevertheless I am very happy to get Hately - he is going to play a big role for us next year and onwards I think
Paid pick12 for Scott Thompson.

We traded Tyson Stenglein to WCE for picks 12 and 29. We traded pick 12 to Mebourne and picked Chad Gibson with pick 29 from Norwood. Chad never played a game for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back