Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The mighty Panthers, GWV Rebels, Be
Are you more bullish on Gollant or O'Connor making it long term for us than Jackson as that big inside mid?

I don't see Gollant as ever being an inside mid for us and you would hope Jackson given his draft position and more decorated junior career would be a superior player to O'Connor in the inside mid role.

Crow till I die

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't see Gollant as ever being an inside mid for us and you would hope Jackson given his draft position and more decorated junior career would be a superior player to O'Connor in the inside mid role.
fair enough, but how many times do we see players taken later in the draft outperforming players with higher draft positions...It is all infront of OConnor and Gollant as to what they want to make from their respective AFL careers

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Promising game tonight.

Could be a bit like Keays - not super pretty but has a huge work rate. Is good by hand too.
More of the same please.

Needs to be given a decent block of games now in the middle to see if he can produce consistent performances like tonight.

Biggest positive from tonight.

Crow till I die

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
More of tonights game from jackson going forward please. Hope he is feeling it and can take the confidence with him

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
More of tonights game from jackson going forward please. Hope he is feeling it and can take the confidence with him
Good point about confidence.

Sometimes that is all it takes to click.

Hopefully not a once off, but he has bought himself a block of games in thr middle now.

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Is that the first time he has had real midfield time this year and not been shunted to half forward?
2nd game as played last week against the Blues & there were some green shoots then.

We just need to give him a block of games in the middle as looks a different player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crow till I die

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
2nd game as played last week against the Blues & there were some green shoots then.

We just need to give him a block of games in the middle as looks a different player.
Would be a very nice surprise indeed if jackson proves us all wrong and can go on and become a quality mid for us. Fingers crossed

MRB37

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I'd like to see Burgess really get into him this off-season and see if he can develop his lower body physically so he can get some real power in his legs and core. He's not gonna be a game breaker speed wise and his disposal is not gonna be elite, but he can certainly be a bigger midfielder we need with some genuine power in his game.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Even the Hately Haters have to admit that was a great game from him last night

Maybe there is something there? Hopefully that gives him the confidence to kick on from last night

StonesThrow

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If he can't improve his kicking it's still a no from me. An accumulator with no weapons and a poor kick is the opposite of what we need going forward.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
If he can't improve his kicking it's still a no from me. An accumulator with no weapons and a poor kick is the opposite of what we need going forward.

Apart from 1 kick to Tex his kicking was decent last night and he could’ve ended up with 3 goals. Put himself in good spots going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad