Player Watch Jackson Ramsay (Delisted 2017)

Will he or won't he?

• Yes

Votes: 106 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 29.7%
  • Maybe at another club

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Taking a while but looks like he could take the next step.

Will he get the senior opportunities might be the more difficult question to answer. Likely he's behind Williams, Toovey, Langdon and Sinclair for the small-medium defender spot when they're up and about. Might be just ahead of Tooves at the moment as he hasn't yet hit his straps.

I really like his run and carry and he is a good kick they should move Williams on to the wing and play him in his spot

he hasn't looked out of place in the games he has played. Agree he is behind Williams Toovs and Sinclair but if /when he gets his chance he might show he has more to offer that all of them. Probably needs another year in the gym as a bit light on for mine

Be pushing it up hill in my view but it's possible I guess if a couple fall over and he has a decent streak.

Working in his favour is that none of his competitors are super users, working against him is that he doesn't necessarily have any space on them either.

I'm doubtful. His kicking looks iffy to me, from what I've seen. If he can improve that to above average, he'll leapfrog quite a few and remain on the list and push for a best 22 spot.

Not at our club.... Strikes me as the next Danny Stanley.

Not convinced on Ramsay. As early as it is in the year he is one of the ones who will be playing for a spot on the list later in the year more than likely. Not everyone makes it and he has a few ahead of him already. No for mine early in the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half way through last season I would have said no chance. But I think he has made solid progress.
I see him in a similar view to Corey Gault. Both are just starting to blossom & will continue to improve.
It's just a matter of how much further he can progress. It wont be for want of trying. He ran hard to make position time & time again in Tassie.
A lot of the times he wasn't used but boy he ran his backside off to give an option.

A few weeks ago I would have said flat out no, but the way he ran, carried, and then steadied and delivered the ball inside 50 laces out to Faz in the last qtr against the Hawks has made me question that assessment. Still needs some work, but could end up being a handy player.

I'll back him in. It may not necessarily be with us, but he has enough going for him to at least have a serviceable career, IMO.

What I would like to see him start doing is dominate at the lower level. So far in the 10-12 games I've seen from him at VFL level I wouldn't have had him in the best in any of those.

Our other fringe 22 players have all shown an ability to standout at that level, but basing an opinion on Ramsay making it is more a gut feel than performance based assessment at this stage.

Last year I would of said no, after watching him lately I think he has a shot. However this is a massive year from him being in the bottom half and most likely next in line for delisting, he's coming from a long way back being behind Williams, toovey, langdon and Sinclair, and competing with Maynard and potentially shazza when fit, it's going to be a tough year to get a game.

Will he make it but will it be at the pies is the question, I hope so with us and think he could make it yes.
I rather the ball in his hands than Sinclair and Marley that's for sure and he can also play as a tagger in time.
I think he could be a levi Greenwood type playing as a hard nut tagger when fully developed body wise.
He was younger than everyone in his draft year and body was very skinny so i think he is 1 to 2 more preseason away to hitting the right body shape for strength.

Last edited:
Ramsay has a go and puts in the work which is admirable and what you look for but we have better talent that can use it better by foot so no I do not think he will make it.

Scharenberg, Langdon, Seedsman, Williams, Toovey, Maynard, Goldsack and Manteit all are down back better options.

While on the wing Young, Varcoe, Seedsman, Sidebottom and Karnezis are better options.

Back