Player Watch Jackson Ramsay (Delisted 2017)

Will he or won't he?

• Yes

Votes: 106 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 29.7%
  • Maybe at another club

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Your eyes?
Haven't seen him live so don't really know. Hard to judge players speed on tv. Have noticed his kicking is nothing to write home about but he often seems rushed and pressured. What do your eyes tell you?

Eh, all our backs show glimpses but generally turn it over because

i. Every single midfielder is still at the stoppage
ii. They have no clear option to kick too.

We congest every single ball up or throw in and turn it into an absolute scrap. Half the side picks up the pill and begin to question where they should go next, and Ramsay is no exception.

The boy can play, im convinced.

Haven't seen him live so don't really know. Hard to judge players speed on tv. Have noticed his kicking is nothing to write home about but he often seems rushed and pressured. What do your eyes tell you?

He seems averaged paced for his size. Side step needs some work.

Hes still coming off an ACL. Always need a buffer season after the surgery.

Hes a quality kick of the pill, and i havent seen him beaten much one on one. He has more upside than Maynard IMO. And i think Maynard can play also.

Doesn't look fast to me on tv. Doesn;t look a good kick either. Can find the ball though.
He's not as fast as he was 12 months ago but that's to be expected. Still has reasonable speed imo, and hopefully his full pace returns in time.

Probably doesn't help that our back 6 are constantly under the pump with the shitty defensive efforts of our midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes still coming off an ACL. Always need a buffer season after the surgery.

Hes a quality kick of the pill, and i havent seen him beaten much one on one. He has more upside than Maynard IMO. And i think Maynard can play also.
You miss the fact they've been inept to date and we're 1-3? Into what appears ANOTHER consecutive year of decline?

He'll make it but he'll be no better than an Alan Toovey. His kicking is highly overrated on this board, under any pressure his disposal is as wobbly as Harley Bennell "recovering" at a bar.

Average player at best, the knee reco will rob him of a lot of potential... looks to of lost a bit of zip.

I thought Ramsay was alright today, not great but ok. As a defender does his job of shutting down his opposition number and today got a bit of the ball and used it ok. Just needs to give the first option rather then try take on too many. Admittedly not been great so far but IMO is building and by around round 8 should be hitting his straps. Also who comes in for him? Sinclair when fit probably but atm no-one is as good a small back.

Back