Opinion Jackson Thurlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Re the last paragraph people said the same about Lang though and even Carlton dropped him to the vfl. I think Thurlow should have got more games than he has but i'm unconvinced he'll star at another club.

Lang had some injury problems and is still only 22.

Thurlow is being tossed aside but he is far more talented than most of the guys in our 22. I'd even play him forward over most of the kids.

He doesn't need to star but he could easily become a top 10 player at the club. Just a waste of another first round pick.

Thurlow is being tossed aside but he is far more talented than most of the guys in our 22. I'd even play him forward over most of the kids.

He doesn't need to star but he could easily become a top 10 player at the club. Just a waste of another first round pick.
Plays 5 games at the start of the season. Was poor.
Plays v Richmond. Was poor.
Plays v Fremantle. Was decent.

Talent doesn't cut it all the time. At present, he has no one to blame but himself.
I'd like him to stay but won't lose a wink of sleep if he doesn't.

Plays 5 games at the start of the season. Was poor.
Plays v Richmond. Was poor.
Plays v Fremantle. Was decent.

Talent doesn't cut it all the time. At present, he has no one to blame but himself.
I'd like him to stay but won't lose a wink of sleep if he doesn't.
He better recruit a couple he's satisfied with if Murdoch leaves he'll be paper thin.
Might be good timing for Thurlow to move on, it's looking more and more like the Cats are trying to by a list rather than build one, will be very interesting if there are no Chocolates in 2018 / 2019.

Might be good timing for Thurlow to move on, it's looking more and more like the Cats are trying to by a list rather than build one, will be very interesting if there are no Chocolates in 2018 / 2019.

The mediums and talls are in disarray no choccies for a long time.

I called on draft night that I would have picked Grundy over him but that's a different issue. No doubt he could have had a better run at selection but is he that much more talented than Lang was? I hope he does really well elsewhere but it's far from guaranteed.

The mediums and talls are in disarray no choccies for a long time.

Huh? Henderson Stewart Blicavs Kolo (the first three are A graders Kolo is serviceable) and up forward Hawkins Sav Henry. It's far from terrible. I'm more worried about our small forward stocks tbh.

Huh? Henderson Stewart Blicavs Kolo (the first three are A graders Kolo is serviceable) and up forward Hawkins Sav Henry. It's far from terrible. I'm more worried about our small forward stocks tbh.

You always are lol!....mate they won't save you when the crap hits the fan.
Like the Hawks or Eagles in September.
We won't be physical enough against the big boys you can bank on it now. To few expected to do to much.(eg.Hawkins)
We'll be stacked for smalls and obligated to play that way, unfortunately l think we're going nowhere for many years to come.

I called on draft night that I would have picked Grundy over him but that's a different issue. No doubt he could have had a better run at selection but is he that much more talented than Lang was? I hope he does really well elsewhere but it's far from guaranteed.

I think if we went back at pre draft.. a few of us wanted Grundy .. I remember one particular goal he got in u18's which was enough for me to say go for him ..and that he was there at our pick and we went past was off putting...

but for all the rear vision gazers.. the monday morning quarter backing.. If someone wants to say that Wells should have done this or that..on this choice... then you should be brave enough to say a pick you would have taken that was a humongous fail..while Wells choice has worked out so much better. I cant remember without looking it up who I would have picked at the Parfitt pick... did anyone on our board pick him?... yet who is the player would should have drafted in his stead.

Yep he has made a few errors.. the Grundy one was an error on an error.. which makes it worse. We will never know if we would have taken him if we did not trade in Hmac.

I think Wells has changed his model a tad... for a long time he persisted with what he thought was were the game was going.. and got it slightly wrong...the last two years he seemed to have moved more to a contested type of player... Thurlow was that Wells size , high end kick etc..but not really a guy who you think of an inside dog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back