Universal Love Jackson Trengove appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Another super performance from my main man last night...second only to Wally Wines (10) in clearances with 8, on top of tearing Ivan a new one.

Just love how he competes, and competes...and competes! I also like that he doesn't seem to miss his chances to kick the odd goal either.
And they said he didn't want to ruck! ;)

Last edited:
Definitely loved his game since being moved out of his cramped position at CHB.
Hope Ken realizes this in the future, loved his mark and goal up forward, he is dangerous when he is left to be unpredictable. One reinvented mann imo.

I love watching Trengove kick. I imagine it's what a giant anthropomorphised crab would kick the ball like. It's so ungainly but so effective.

His goal was a marvel of human engineering and biometrics.

Seriously the guy is a ruckmen,

Don't want to see him in defence at all next year.

Rotate him and Ryder up forward.

I love watching Trengove kick. I imagine it's what a giant anthropomorphised crab would kick the ball like. It's so ungainly but so effective.

His kick is effective centre forward, it's dangerous from defense.

He was a monster last night. Eight clearances, four inside fifties, only credited with three tackles, he fought for everything and was a clearance beast.

When Ken came to the club he said the leaders need to stand up on game day. Jacko does it just about every game and has done so against massive odds the last 8 weeks or so. Boaky played a great game last night but he has gone missing too often this season. Boak plays like that for the rest of year and leads us to victory in tight games then he can stay on otherwise Jacko has to come into the mix.

From May 2013.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ders-to-stand-up/story-fni5f9de-1226650973677
"It all starts in the midfield, so we've just got to crash in and set an example," Boak said. "We need a big effort from our ruckmen and the on-ballers to win the hard footy and get it into our forward line early. "All of our leaders have to set the tone from the start and then hopefully the rest of the group will follow."
"But most of all Ken (coach Ken Hinkley) speaks of our leaders standing up on game day and right now that has to be at the start of games."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ders-to-stand-up/story-fni5f9de-1226650973677

Jackson Trengove getting the recognition he deserves with a place in the Team of the Week. And not just as interchange. Travis Boak is there too.

TOTW-FOLL-2016_RD15.jpg

JACKSON TRENGOVE (Port Adelaide) Has carried the Power's ruck duties in recent weeks and had 20 possessions and eight clearances against the Tigers in another courageous game.

TOTW-C-2016_RD15.jpg

TRAVIS BOAK (Port Adelaide)Port's skipper inspired his team to a much-needed win with 26 possessions, half of those contested, 11 tackles and two goals for the night.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-05/team-of-the-week-round-15

Trengove was always a natural ruck. He's now showing what he can be. No1 important character aggressive competitiveness for a ruckman and he has that in spades

Seriously - I had written off the shot and was hardly watching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As in Paddy plays ruck and rotates forward whilst Trengove is the third talk forward who rotates into the ruck.

I would say Monfries is the first talk forward with Trengove as the second talk forward. Trengove as a talk midfielder/ruck is great though too. We really need some extra talks to sledge the opposition.

:D

Trengove should have had about 5 more hitouts than he was credited with and unlike the often pointless stat type, these were where he actually took the ball out of the ruck and handballed it to a player in space or drove it forward. I cannot recall one occasion where he was caught HTB doing this. This would have been due to his strength whenever he did this although some of it may have been due to the Roos lax attitude.

I think he is a real chance for AA.
Why? he has played 3 great games and 3 good ones in the ruck. I love Jacko, that's why I started this thread 2 years ago. But that isn't enough to get you all Oz ruck selection either as the main man or on the bench. There are about 8 maybe 10 blokes way way ahead of him.

He's basically no chance at AA unless he goes absolutely white hot and pastes every ruckman he faces for the rest of the season, and even then he'd be touch and go for a bench spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back