Prediction Jackson will win a brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
I remember seeing a graphic earlier in the year saying there was only 4 current players who average 1 goal a game and 20 disposals. only 4. probs less by now.

jackson is capable of both.
National Unicorn Day GIF by Storyful

and an average of 15 hitouts a game.

dynamic center clearances as well.

game changing clunks down the line

Unicorn Pixar GIF by Walt Disney Studios

i therefore would like to make a prediction. jackson will win a brownlow in his career. an unstoppable force which is un-taggable. normally i would be hesitant to place pressure on a player. but, frankly who cares. jackson literally couldn't care about pressure either.

Well we would need to play him a lot more on ball to win a brownlow, forwards and rucks dont get the umpires votes.
Will be interested to see how he polls this year. He's so much more flashy / noticeable than normal "rucks"

Maybe he could emulate Pav and get AA across all three lines, but...

in the same (Brownlow winning) season.

i reckon 10. he did have 3 best on grounds i reckon.
Things is, when he's good, he's really damn good. Of the game he got votes he's gotten less than 7 twice (5 and 1) and one of those the votes were really split. I also will be very disappointed if he's not best on this weekend and given the ruck stocks of Hawks and Port, I'll back him for massive games there as well. I think he gets 15+ and can see him getting close to 20 with a gigantic finish to the year

Things is, when he's good, he's really damn good. Of the game he got votes he's gotten less than 7 twice (5 and 1) and one of those the votes were really split. I also will be very disappointed if he's not best on this weekend and given the ruck stocks of Hawks and Port, I'll back him for massive games there as well. I think he gets 15+ and can see him getting close to 20 with a gigantic finish to the year
20 is a massive call.

20 is a massive call.
Purely off coaches votes he's possibly somewhere between 10 and 13 already. I might be premature but I'm banking 3 votes for committing crimes against humanity against Jamieson this week. Couple of good games to finish and he's close to 20

If luke jackson gets 20 brownlow votes this year I will dig a hole from here to china using only my tongue.
It ain't gonna happen.

He'll get 3 vs Hawthorn. Maybe 1 vs Sydney. 2 vs Melb. Maybe 1 vs Essendon. 1 vs Geelong. 3 vs Brisbane. So around 10-11 at this point. Meaning he'll need three clear BOG in the last three games to get close to 20. And even that's being generous since they'll likely give votes to mids over him in the games I've given him 1 or 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were articles torching Jackson and Freo at the start of the season...

Oh how the tables turn.

i said it then and i'll say it again - i dont even care what he cost in picks.

He is a generational player, you get 5 top 10 picks and you MIGHT get a player as good as Jackson.

hes a freak who can genuinally play in the ruck but also play forward. Not a forward who pinch hits in the ruck and gets monstered. Nor a "resting ruckman" who might take a grab once a game.

Oh yeah and he is only 21.

One day I'll get a photo with Luke Jackson holding a sign saying "Told you so" and I'll look like Mr Mackey from Southpark with a head like a hot air balloon.

He could be literally the best player in the league from 2024 until 2032.

I don't know if he will win a Brownlow. You can make a better case for Brayshaw or Serong or Hayden Young.

One day I'll get a photo with Luke Jackson holding a sign saying "Told you so" and I'll look like Mr Mackey from Southpark with a head like a hot air balloon.

He could be literally the best player in the league from 2024 until 2032.
but dont you think we paid too much...?
because Bell is such a...?
2021 grand final was such fake news...I know I was there.

but dont you think we paid too much...?
because Bell is such a...?
2021 grand final was such fake news...I know I was there.

I think we could have secured him in trade for a cheaper price, but we still paid less than what he will ultimately be worth.

As Snuff says above.

I think if we had pick #5 last year we would have gotten him for #5 and the future first alone. I didn't like the second round pick included but it will still end up being a great value deal for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back