Teams Jacksonville Jaguars - Touchdown Town

Remove this Banner Ad

SacksonvilleJags

Team Captain
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Do we hav enough cap space for a veteran tho?
We really should of traded with the jets for Bridgewater.
I don’t see the colts giving up dalton either and to be honest I’m not keen on Carr.
I kno we hav a few big names we are looking at letting go (please dear god not Ramsey tho...even if he is a diva)

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham
Do we hav enough cap space for a veteran tho?
We really should of traded with the jets for Bridgewater.
I don’t see the colts giving up dalton either and to be honest I’m not keen on Carr.
I kno we hav a few big names we are looking at letting go (please dear god not Ramsey tho...even if he is a diva)

Ramsay will be the last guy you let go, isn't he still on rookie contract?

I say you may lose players like Calais Campbell etc... if you want to pay Bortles out and seek a new QB.

Shitty situation to be in and all extending Bortles did was give you Donte Moncrief.

SacksonvilleJags

Team Captain
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not surprised by letting Church go! A few more names to go!
We have had the shittest injury rate so I hope that doesn’t save bortles. I can’t believe the amount of money he is paid when he throws the ball like that. Odell Beckham jr would be a better QB!

SacksonvilleJags

Team Captain
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Putrid does not even begin to describe what that was today. :sick:

Need an massive overhaul of the team (and coaches!!!!!) with the injury rate I don’t expect miracles but the redskibs aren’t exactly having a sweet run either and we let them run all over us. I think a lot of the guys have lost faith in the team and our game plan (do we have a game plan??? Seems like we just pick plays out of a hat from amateur league football)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SacksonvilleJags

Team Captain
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So did a little reading on the QBs in the upcoming draft. A lot of things I have read are ppl keen on Haskins...I personally don’t see it.
I wouldn’t mind Herbert but that’s about it.

Well it might be flacco... not keen on him either. I still hope we take a QB high up in the draft!
Flacco on his day is better than your current QB crop, but he has a lot of average games. You're better off looking elsewhere. I've seen Bridgewater mentioned on this page, that'd be a much better gamble.
So did a little reading on the QBs in the upcoming draft. A lot of things I have read are ppl keen on Haskins...I personally don’t see it.
I wouldn’t mind Herbert but that’s about it.
By all reports this seasons QB crop is pretty weak. Redskins also in the market for a QB and I'm not holding out too much hope in this draft.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bit of a s**t move by the FO...

-----------------

Jaguars reportedly void Leonard Fournette’s remaining guarantees
Posted by Mike Florio on December 30, 2018, 11:29 PM EST
GettyImages-1086098468-e1546230503674.jpg

Getty Images

The tongue-lashing that Jaguars V.P. of football operations Tom Coughlin gave running back Leonard Fournette was just the beginning. The next step involves potentially picking $7.1 million out of his pockets.

According to the Associated Press, the Jaguars have informed Fournette that they have voided the remaining guarantees on his first-round rookie deal. The team acquired the ability to do it after Fournette was suspended for one game earlier this season, after exiting the bench and participating in a fight at Buffalo.

Fournette has the ability to challenge the move, and he’s got 7.1 million reasons to try.

If the void stands, the Jaguars would be able to cut Fournette with no further financial liability, this year or next year. The Jaguars could also try to trade Fournette, since his new team wouldn’t be automatically on the hook for more than $2.9 million in 2019 and more than $4.1 million in 2020.

And here’s where we point out that the Jaguars drafted Fournette at a time when both Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson were on the board.

SacksonvilleJags

Team Captain
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well some changes are happening....
Four assistant coaches have been fired. The OL (a bit rough considering our injuries), the RBs (good!!!!!! Wtf happened to our RBs!!!) DL and DBs (a bit more puzzling but we did have a lot of missed/slipped tackles).

Still think Dave Caldwell has to go!!!!!

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Athletic's Jay Glazer envisions the Jaguars "blowing up that roster" this offseason.

The Jaguars have decided to keep EVP Tom Coughlin, GM Dave Caldwell, and coach Doug Marrone in place, but a handful of assistants have already been let go, and OC Nathaniel Hackett was fired during the season. There's going to be change from the top down in Jacksonville. Coughlin laid into Leonard Fournette after the Week 17 game, and Fournette is starting to look like a lost cause for the Jaguars. He can't stay healthy and has a bad attitude in Coughlin's eyes. It would not be a shock to see him dealt. And Fournette likely won't be the only one sent packing.

Source: The Athletic

SacksonvilleJags

Team Captain
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
and Yet they keep the guys who made the decision take fournette with our first round pick....not to mention the ones who could have picked up Lamar Jackson in last years draft and extended bortles’ contract!!!
Yes all very good moves there :rolleyes:

SacksonvilleJags

Team Captain
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I should also mention they took fournette at pick 4 when mahomes was still available!!!

How can anyone be confident of going forward with those guys running the show??

SacksonvilleJags

Team Captain
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So far the jags are interested in Darrell Bevell, Todd monken and Gary kubiak....
I think the jags will be waiting for a while for their hires. I think a lot of other clubs are more attractive destinations right now. The jags have to show they have a plan on going forward and how they will acquire a decent qb and some OL talent and depth.
I do believe fournette is staying.
Rumours suggest Flacco is coming to the jags

Remove this Banner Ad

Back