Recommitted Jacob Hopper [re-signed until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Highly doubt he would want to go to a rebuilding club years away from contending if he returns to Vic.

Richmond, Geelong, Essendon or even St Kilda make a lot more sense.

Richmond/ Geelong might not be good again for the rest of his career. St Kilda also with a weird age profile. If he is going for instant and the prospect of future success, Essendon is the only one on the list that achieves that.

Richmond/ Geelong might not be good again for the rest of his career. St Kilda also with a weird age profile. If he is going for instant and the prospect of future success, Essendon is the only one on the list that achieves that.

All academic now, with him staying at GWS from all reports.

Does make sense to sign a 2 year deal to free agency

But I wouldn’t quote Tom Morris as a source bloke has been wrong too often

Probably, but in this instance, I think he is correct, I don't see any reason why Hopper would leave GWS, doesn't have any go home issues and the Giants can pay him as much as any other club chasing him..

Did his role well against Geelong, but he also needs to realize the limitations of his own kicking skills and start handballing more to Kelly/Ward/Whitfield.

To be fair they took our offcuts and NEAFL players.
Only Williams was a big get but they wanted him as a mid and he is a rebounding defender, a good one but not mid material.

Marchbank would have been a gun key defender 8f not cursed by rotten luck of injuries.

That took a lot longer then expected, didn't one of the reporters say he was gonna resign like a week ago? ah well good on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That took a lot longer then expected, didn't one of the reporters say he was gonna resign like a week ago? ah well good on him

well he had to fly from Melbourne to Tasmania and from tasmania to Perth to play a couple of games - then fly home afterwards into a covid s#*tfight and get settled before grabbing the pen and signing - lots on his plate - so in terms of “taking longer than expected” probably not.

I guess GWS don’t have a salary cap…

this rubbish again?

how much did we save in Salary cap when Cameron & Williams left last year (with Kelly’s contract already on the table and factored in before they decided to leave)?

our salary cap is nowhere near as tight as it once was.

I guess GWS don’t have a salary cap…
Yes, we do.

We just pay our top end players well, have a lot of players on very short priced deals and don't have many players in the $415,000-$700,000 mark.

We also let Jeremy Cameron and Zac Williams go at the end of 2020, and didn't bring any players into replace them, instead utilised that money to retain younger players.

But sure, keep your delusions going.

this rubbish again?

how much did we save in Salary cap when Cameron & Williams left last year (with Kelly’s contract already on the table and factored in before they decided to leave)?

Kelly 1m
Cogs 1m
Whitfield 750+
Greene 800k
Haynes 700+
Hopper 700+
Taranto 700+

then Ash, Perryman have recently re signed

finlayson, Himmleberg are on healthy cheques.

That’s not even mentioning Cumming, Preuss

salary cap is 13.8 mil, those 7 players at the top is 5.6m, leaves 8.2m between 38 players at an average of 215k

Last edited:
this rubbish again?

I assume our thank you letter is in the mail

well he had to fly from Melbourne to Tasmania and from tasmania to Perth to play a couple of games - then fly home afterwards into a covid s#*tfight and get settled before grabbing the pen and signing - lots on his plate - so in terms of “taking longer than expected” probably not.
I was more speaking in terms of when one of the reporters (Tom Morris i think) said it would happen, I get it takes awhile

Remove this Banner Ad

Back