Traded Jacob Hopper [Trade with #53, #63 to Richmond for #31 and F1]

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we think the trade value for Hopper will be the same for uncontracted Taranto?
Richmond won't be able to trade a future second with a future first unless they get back the future second which defeats the point.

If there was any movement on the Martin to Sydney situation then Richmond might get their own picks back with Hopper.
Those rules are a guide. AFL can tick of on it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS list manager on trade radio now.
That would leave us thin in ruck depth which is interesting, but I wonder if that's instead of pick 30 this year or in addition to?

E.g. F1 + Soldo I wouldn't mind
F1 + 30 + Soldo I think we've overpaid

Based on what Jason Mcartney just said on trade radio

That contradicts what they said last week though. Sounds like smoke and mirrors (which lots of clubs do at this time of year).

That would leave us thin in ruck depth which is interesting, but I wonder if that's instead of pick 30 this year or in addition to?

E.g. F1 + Soldo I wouldn't mind
F1 + 30 + Soldo I think we've overpaid

You can always rookie list a state league ruck.

Even though GWS has indicated F1st and pick 30/31 isn't enough, they haven't exactly ruled it out completely.
Sounds like we are trying hard to improve our offer to accommodate GWS needs, but I still believe GWS will reluctantly accept it before the deadline.
GWS this morning sounded like they believe a deal will get done eventually, especially when asked if a deal cant get done will they hold Hopper to his contract.

That contradicts what they said last week though. Sounds like smoke and mirrors (which lots of clubs do at this time of year).
They missed out on Meek so it makes a lot of sense. Maybe they'll send one of there's back the other way if they think they have too many?

McCartney definitely said that Soldo was an option they were working through and that he was doing a medical with them.

They missed out on Meek so it makes a lot of sense. Maybe they'll send one of there's back the other way if they think they have too many?

McCartney definitely said that Soldo was an option they were working through and that he was doing a medical with them.
If we lose Soldo then I'd hope we don't give them pick 31 as well.

F1st & Soldo is more than adequate for Hopper.

Depends whether they value Soldo > Pick 31.

It may end up being Future First, 31 and Soldo for Hopper and a later pick back.

Soldo is not worth 31 especially at the price backup rucks go for. Late 3rd rounder at best.

Depends whether they value Soldo > Pick 31.

It may end up being Future First, 31 and Soldo for Hopper and a later pick back.
i think I’d be okay with this, although it leaves our ruck stocks low unless Samson Ryan comes on good. Realistically I think Future first and 31 should get it done but it doesn’t sound like it will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back