Recommitted Jacob Hopper [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Really hope our poster is correct... much rather draft and accumulate picks/ potentially go after a mid or two.

700 is the old 600 after tpp increases. Might be overs for the first 2 years but project him to be worth it for the last 3 (may even be a bargain by that point). I would be comfortable with us offering that to see if we could shake him loose :)

I was watching the game GWS and Port and Hopper really impressed me in that game. He will be a very good player in a couple of years time

Rumours board? Strike rate of 100 to 1.

Hopper is the obvious one for Carlton, but SOS does want a KPF but may not be in the position to shell out a first rounder on a 20 year old.
Ryan Schoenmakers says hello.
Last years help was a precursor to the deal...

There was a bit more to that deal than just picking pies over tiges, list quality etc. id be looking at treloars missus and her current job eddie got her.
Dont know what happened with WHE's girlfriend but she was working for the Giants so not sure that theory stacks up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be very tempted to give up our almost certain pick 1 this year for Jacob Hopper. Hopper + Matthew Kennedy, done deal. The caveat on that would be that if someone jumps up as an absolute standout gun number 1 ah la Jacob Weitering I would keep it. eg. Fogarty/Rayner/LDU.

We already have another first rounder this year (ports) and with the drums beating that Schache wants to go home we should get a relatively high pick for him so the loss of the 1st pick would not be as bad as one would expect.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Jake Barrett and Jacob Hopper are best mates.;)

I would be very tempted to give up our almost certain pick 1 this year for Jacob Hopper. Hopper + Matthew Kennedy, done deal. The caveat on that would be that if someone jumps up as an absolute standout gun number 1 ah la Jacob Weitering I would keep it. eg. Fogarty/Rayner/LDU.

We already have another first rounder this year (ports) and with the drums beating that Schache wants to go home we should get a relatively high pick for him so the loss of the 1st pick would not be as bad as one would expect.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Jake Barrett and Jacob Hopper are best mates.;)
Lòoking after Jake and giving him another chance should be worth something in my book. No room for sentiment in trades I guess.

Lòoking after Jake and giving him another chance should be worth something in my book. No room for sentiment in trades I guess.
What do you think Bokonon, If in the unlikely scenario that Hopper and Kennedy were up for a move to the Lions would pick 1 get it done?

What do you think Bokonon, If in the unlikely scenario that Hopper and Kennedy were up for a move to the Lions would pick 1 get it done?
Leon seems very committed to Hopper and thus the club will be. I think we'll do everything we can to hold him. Convince him to nominate you at the end of the year and it might. Both are a bit of a wait and see but Matt Kennedy could easily end up like Steele and Hampton. Sad to lose them but if their not best 22 cant blame them.
He could bloom through the year and make me look silly.

Keep hearing that he is out of GWS at the end of the year.

Hearing that from the same people who said Tomlinson (3 years in a row), Sheil (pretty much every year since 2011) Coniglio, Lobb, Cameron, Patton et al were all gone at the end of the year/contract?

Just curious.

Hearing that from the same people who said Tomlinson (3 years in a row), Sheil (pretty much every year since 2011) Coniglio, Lobb, Cameron, Patton et al were all gone at the end of the year/contract?

Just curious.

To be fair, the Shiel talk was always very speculative.

The Tomlinson talk though was real solid and from a lot of credible sources...it was true until he finally got a string of games in the second half of the year and that's when he changed his mind to stay. If he had kept playing NEAFL he was gone.

I'd trade our pick #2-3 for Hopper & Kennedy, which IF they decide to nominate us, i think would be reasonably fair.

GWS can certainly afford it given how deep their midfield bats and can pick up an elite talent anyway to replace at least Hopper.
Best they could do out of a hypothetical situation both players want out. Spreads their age profile and saves $$$ as well.

To be fair, the Shiel talk was always very speculative.

The Tomlinson talk though was real solid and from a lot of credible sources...it was true until he finally got a string of games in the second half of the year and that's when he changed his mind to stay. If he had kept playing NEAFL he was gone.

You obviously havent seen a pic of his missus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back