Recommitted Jacob Hopper [re-signed until end of 2021]

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
What’s his worth salary wise?

Victorian boy out of contract at years end, no doubt will get a decent pay rise assuming he improves again this year.

A lot of focus will be on Coniglio and Kelly’s contract but this bloke can play too
He's from NSW. Do some research before you post.

He could sign anytime, if he re-signs with us last years efforts will be the guide to his value. On that yardstick he's likely to get a payrise.

He's from NSW. Do some research before you post.

He could sign anytime, if he re-signs with us last years efforts will be the guide to his value. On that yardstick he's likely to get a payrise.
He played in the tac cup for north Ballarat

And side note like Josh Kelly barracked for north as a kid

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
He played in the tac cup for north Ballarat

Was born and raised NSW.

And side note like Josh Kelly barracked for north as a kid

He was the Giants mascot for a year or 2 and an Academy grad.

None of which matters and depends on what's offered by the club and what's offered elsewhere.

That and he may want to stay. Signed happily last time as well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
When did they move Leeton 200kms south? Could of sworn he's from NSW.
He did attend boarding school in Ballarat. Hence the TAC cup. He also captained the NSW ACT Rams under 18 side though. His Dad said the boarding school was a values thing not a footy thing. He was always coming to us via the academy.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Any reason to think he is not happy to stay?
Most players tend to stay if they are getting games unless they get a GF offer. I doubt Hopper does at this stage.
None I know of. I guess you never know fir sure until it happrns

He also has a midfield spot that he doesn't look like losing. That seems to matter to the players.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Hope he does re-sign and I am sure the contract is on the table for him and whether he is waiting to see how his early season form is to try and get an increase from the club which is possible but I feel the club is fairly set in what it has budgeted for over the next several years and is not really in a position to change much in terms of salary offers
I would expect a 2 year at around 500 for Hopper

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
None I know of. I guess you never know fir sure until it happrns

He also has a midfield spot that he doesn't look like losing. That seems to matter to the players.

As long as you have reasonable cap room and the club looks to have a strong future you should be able retain most of the guys coming OOC. Certainly help to go deep in Sept.

(Of course if a kid like Taylor is unhappy he can always give the guys at Geelong a ring..im sure we could find a spot on our list for him... although I don't think we have actually recruited a GWS player yet..)

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
So let’s giants signed Haynes let say 450k a year slightly above the afl average

Need to find at least 900k for Kelly and the same for coniglio

Hopper let’s say 500k
Tomlinson 500k

So over 3.2mil between those 4 uncontracted plus recently signed Haynes

I think it’s safe to say at least 1 will leave
Nonsense.

Much as the club would like to pay Haynes about half what he's worth. It wouldn't be fair to him.

You just keep inventing numbers and drawing silly conclusions though.

Nonsense.

Much as the club would like to pay Haynes about half what he's worth. It wouldn't be fair to him.

You just keep inventing numbers and drawing silly conclusions though.
So you’re saying he’s on more than 450k in which case adds to my point about you having less money to keep everyone genius

Let’s take that total to now 3.4mil between the 5

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
What would you quote for each of the 5 salary wise

Kelly and cogs will both get million dollar offers
To keep them you will need at least 900k each

Now how about Hopper, Haynes and Tomlinson how much do you value them?
None of that is very relevant. We paid all these guys last year under the TPP. They are not recruits, which is obvious, but a challenge for you obviously.

It's likely there'll be some increase to manage. We've also swapped top shelf contracts for cheap draftees though.

None of that is very relevant. We paid all these guys last year under the TPP. They are not recruits, which is obvious, but a challenge for you obviously.

It's likely there'll be some increase to manage. We've also swapped top shelf contracts for cheap draftees though.
Maybe answer the question.
How much do you value each contract dollar wise next season
I’ve already helped you with coniglio and kelly
900k each

Now do the other 3

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
As long as you have reasonable cap room and the club looks to have a strong future you should be able retain most of the guys coming OOC. Certainly help to go deep in Sept.

(Of course if a kid like Taylor is unhappy he can always give the guys at Geelong a ring..im sure we could find a spot on our list for him... although I don't think we have actually recruited a GWS player yet..)

I hope Taylor is settled. We chose not to play him with a meniscus tear in finals last year. He's one of the guys that might keep us off the bottom when the first generation start to retire. Who knows though.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
So you’re saying he’s on more than 450k in which case adds to my point about you having less money to keep everyone genius

Let’s take that total to now 3.4mil between the 5
It's almost like our club haven't planned for something like this.

Quick the Ziebull , call the Giants management and inform them of your groundbreaking discovery.

Back