Recommitted Jacob Hopper [re-signed until end of 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's almost like our club haven't planned for something like this.

Quick the Ziebull , call the Giants management and inform them of your groundbreaking discovery.
I have a feeling they know they will lose a few this year

1 final crack this year then the list gets a semi refresh with stars out for picks to maintain salary cap position

So let’s giants signed Haynes let say 450k a year slightly above the afl average

Need to find at least 900k for Kelly and the same for coniglio

Hopper let’s say 500k
Tomlinson 500k

So over 3.2mil between those 4 uncontracted plus recently signed Haynes

I think it’s safe to say at least 1 will leave

Have these guys not been getting paid previously? All that is required is the increase, not the total sum.

So, Kelly $100k, Cogs maybe $400k dunno, Hopper $100-200k, Tommo $100-200k. Total increase under $1mil. Can you now guess what Lobb and Shiel being replaced by a draftee and a rookie has saved? Plus Griffen and Scully gone

If someone leaves I guess we enter the warchest game.

What will get you is blokes who were on back ended contracts in order to keep you from going over the cap

Those existing boys will technically be on more next year which you have to factor in also. This is where it would be great if everyone’s salaries were public

Now let’s factor in Greene, Patton, Cameron, Ward, Davis, Whitfield id say between those 6 is another 3.5mil or more

Plus the existing 5
You potentially have 11 blokes taking up close to 7mil of your cap

What will get you is blokes who were on back ended contracts in order to keep you from going over the cap

Those existing boys will technically be on more next year which you have to factor in also. This is where it would be great if everyone’s salaries were public

Now let’s factor in Greene, Patton, Cameron, Ward, Davis, Whitfield id say between those 6 is another 3.5mil or more

Plus the existing 5
You potentially have 11 blokes taking up close to 7mil of your cap
You dont actually have a clue, do you?

So let’s giants signed Haynes let say 450k a year slightly above the afl average

Need to find at least 900k for Kelly and the same for coniglio

Hopper let’s say 500k
Tomlinson 500k

So over 3.2mil between those 4 uncontracted plus recently signed Haynes

I think it’s safe to say at least 1 will leave
You are a noodle.
Using estimates
Cogs 750k-900k 150k
Kelly 700k- 900k 200k
Hopper 325k-500k 175k
Tomlison 350k- 400k 50k
Haynes 350k- 400k 50k

Using estimates only GWS only need a cap hold ~600k becuase they are already have the players on the books

You invented numbers, how dies that "help" anyone?
Well you are the person who stated he invented the numbers and he asked you to list them and you refuse to do this. Stop having a go at the bloke and you list what you think it looks like to see how accurate you might be.

Love the way you have a go at him but refuse to answer his question.

Well you are the person who stated he invented the numbers and he asked you to list them and you refuse to do this. Stop having a go at the bloke and you list what you think it looks like to see how accurate you might be.

Love the way you have a go at him but refuse to answer his question.
Codswallop

There was no question. There was a rude demand that was beneath contempt. I was even told I had to provide the numbers he wanted to see.

^coward

Still somehow can’t put a figure on the 4 out of contract players

Doesn’t surprise me you go for the giants, new to the game and all. You’ll learn soon
Let's see

You claim Hopper is a Victorian. He isn't.

You try and claim that we need to find additional millions. Ignoring the obvious that all the players are already on our books.

You then change tack and claim that the problem will be backended contracts. Clearly you haven't a clue as to what contracts, if any, are backended.

Lastly you resort to childish insults because I decline to post as per your insulting demand.

You should be ashamed lf yourself, but if you were the kind of person who felt shame, you wouldn't have done it in the first placed.

Let's see

You claim Hopper is a Victorian. He isn't.

You try and claim that we need to find additional millions. Ignoring the obvious that all the players are already on our books.

You then change tack and claim that the problem will be backended contracts. Clearly you haven't a clue as to what contracts, if any, are backended.

Lastly you resort to childish insults because I decline to post as per your insulting demand.

You should be ashamed lf yourself, but if you were the kind of person who felt shame, you wouldn't have done it in the first placed.
Just another angle to this. Is it possible that some players won't take less money to ensure the squad stays together if there is salary cap pressure. Some of the more senior guys might do it to help keep the stars at the club. It seems like GWS have shed a number of players in recent seasons to ensure going forward they can be more settled in a planned move

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another angle to this. Is it possible that some players won't take less money to ensure the squad stays together if there is salary cap pressure. Some of the more senior guys might do it to help keep the stars at the club. It seems like GWS have shed a number of players in recent seasons to ensure going forward they can be more settled in a planned move
I think most successful teams end up with players making financial sacrifices in these days of the hard cap. It's new to us and honestly I dont know how it will play out. I certainly hope they will, and am pretty optimistic.

We haven't actually had a large exodus given our previous depth and list size.. It's pretty clear some have declined larger offers, but this is really the crunch year with our first FA's and a large number off contract.

Last year was a rude shock, but maybe McCartney, new to the job, saw the need for radical adjustment to prevent serious issues this year.

As we mature as a club we're actually changing pretty rapidly, and it's hard to see where it goes.

Hopper may be the one that goes for the others to get their pay days.

But really hard to tell.
Perhaps they have cleared enough space already by trading Shiel and Scully.
Hopper was a real quiet achiever last year. He's no longer just the inside bull rotating off the bench. He's developed other aspects of his game forward and his defensive work in the zone.

I think he's important to us, and will become more so as the originals start to reach the end if their careers. He captained the NSW/ACT rams in the under 18's championships and has always had great potential as a leader, when we need the next generation of leaders.

^and more deflecting

I’ll help you
Coniglio
Kelly
Tomlinson
Haynes
Hopper

Now fill in what you think they will be on next year when they all get a pay rise

Lids retires 590k free
Griffin 400k
Lobb 600k
Scully 400k
Shiel 600k

All off the books say 2 million?

Kelly 200k pay rise
Cogs 150k more
Hooper 200k more
The rest 300k more

Ffs man do some research lol

those players already left last year to ensure they were not too far over the cap last year

Only lids is new off the books at years end he alone won’t cover the 5 blokes getting pay rises plus whichever draftee replaces lids list spot

Haha you just get footy ha..
psssst kid TPP are back dated on the books even if the player is not there. Rhys palmer earnt 300k last year while being a real estate agent. Ty vickery earnt 500k being a tennis coach..kurt tippett is in North Korea while on the swans list..

those players already left last year to ensure they were not too far over the cap last year

Only lids is new off the books at years end he alone won’t cover the 5 blokes getting pay rises plus whichever draftee replaces lids list spot

Nothing to do with past years cap everything to do with retaining this years crop.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You dont actually have a clue do you?
Do you ??

Codswallop

There was no question. There was a rude demand that was beneath contempt. I was even told I had to provide the numbers he wanted to see.

Thats besides the point, You were asked on your opinion on what they will be or should be on. But refuse to put your B**** on the line and make the list
Its simple just make the list rather than deflect the issue

Still somehow can’t put a figure on the 4 out of contract players

Doesn’t surprise me you go for the giants, new to the game and all. You’ll learn soon

He made the comment to you "You dont have a clue do you" Yet that comment applies to him even more.

What people are missing is that the GWS had to off load $2 million just to meet their salary cap obligations for 2019 season and the savings of Lobb , Shiel , Scully , Griffin. was the bare min.

Just on a side note
“Jeremy Cameron is going to be earning more next year than he is this year, he is going to be earning well over 1.2 million dollars. He is going to be one of the highest paid players in the AFL.

Do you ??

Thats besides the point, You were asked on your opinion on what they will be or should be on. But refuse to put your B**** on the line and make the list
Its simple just make the list rather than deflect the issue

He made the comment to you "You dont have a clue do you" Yet that comment applies to him even more.

What people are missing is that the GWS had to off load $2 million just to meet their salary cap obligations for 2019 season and the savings of Lobb , Shiel , Scully , Griffin. was the bare min.

Just on a side note
“Jeremy Cameron is going to be earning more next year than he is this year, he is going to be earning well over 1.2 million dollars. He is going to be one of the highest paid players in the AFL.
Again codswallop

Remove this Banner Ad

Back