Recommitted Jacob Hopper [re-signed until 2024]

Wouldn't have thought so. Easily worth a pick inside the top 10
Really? I struggle to see how he'd attract a pick higher than one in the late teens. He's been decent without setting the world on fire and he's not really that young anymore.

That is what GWS would (rightfully) want.
Of course they would, last year they wanted a top 10 pick for Jye Caldwell who was drafted with #11 and played 11 games in two years. Not many out of contract players attract top 10 picks in a trade, and I just don't see Hopper being one of them. Taranto is the one who'd net a top 10 pick.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Of course they would, last year they wanted a top 10 pick for Jye Caldwell who was drafted with #11 and played 11 games in two years. Not many out of contract players attract top 10 picks in a trade, and I just don't see Hopper being one of them. Taranto is the one who'd net a top 10 pick.

Taranto would net 2 1st rounders.

GWS horrible to deal with lol, I'm guessing they'll ask for your first and the cats first you have as a minimum. He's easily worth that imo.

Yeah nah, Hopper isn't worth 2 x 1st rounders in any ones world.

I rate ready made players a lot higher than 2 late firsts. The chances of one of those picks being as good as hopper are very low.

I dont think our first will be that late which is probably where our opinions differ. I think ours will be early teens.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
What rubbish.
Cats fans just upset they were held accountable.

As far as being good or bad to deal with , my guess is all clubs have had issues or whatever at different times. Id presume that Geelong and GWS would sit down at the table and start again, after all a deal was completed in the end... so lets not get distracted by other deals or academies or whatever in this Hopper thread.

Geelong probably would not have a R1 early enough to satisfy a sub 10 pick.. so its probably a moot point. Has he given any indication he would look at anotehr club?

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
wish leon would give him more mid time, he is a natural mid and great user of the footy. feel like he is wasted as a pure forward

I'd trade half our list for a player with that skill combination. It hurts watching him play reserves or seniors on the half forward flank. Ah well, we had our chance and took DGB who hopefully we'll get a look at later this year.

Would love Hopper at the Hawks by the way. His kicks inside 50 to Hogan last Saturday night showed me something I didn't think were a strength of his.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Club champion. Will probably again this year, and would have been the year Taranto won except he missed a couple of games.

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
I think GWS is more likely to let Green go than Hopper. They would probably benefit from trading one of those two to get their hands on a speedier mid. Midfield is clearly talented, but could be more dynamic.

Richmond have been sniffing around Green, who has an obvious family link to us.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I think GWS is more likely to let Green go than Hopper. They would probably benefit from trading one of those two to get their hands on a speedier mid. Midfield is clearly talented, but could be more dynamic.

GWS won't be trading Tom Green.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Haha no chance we will trade him out.

He may want to leave in the future but lol no we wouldn’t be moving him on.

You can dream we would but no.

Back