Recommitted Jacob Hopper [re-signed until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's from Leeton in the Riverina.

so no go home or any protective reasons.

Most of the time , players happy and getting games stay.

I do wonder with the modern football if they yearn to experience a different football after a few years. Like when Buddy or Hall or Lockett wanted out of the Melb spotlight, and other that have not had it sometimes want it. If he were to move ..would it be to a big club. with a big following?

Think that Richmond and geelong are older teams with question marks over what happens when their older players depart. Though Richmond does have some young core pieces but still.

Pies don’t look attractive right now. Nor would the saints or north. Dogs are packed with inside mids. Hawks? Have inside mids and not sure they’re very attractive.

Probably look at Carlton or essendon as front runners. Both teams need a quality inside mid. He could see himself as the piece needed to push either team up the ladder and see them with enough young pieces to keep them up?

I would be keen for port to kick the tyres. We need another ball winning mid, especially for life after boak and gray. Not sure I would want to pay the asking price though as I don’t rate him as a star inside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geee a top 10 pick... im not sure about that... but it's your opinion, which is all good
He's definitely worth a first rounder. If he decides to go to a team between 9th-12th on the ladder you'd expect their first rounder would have to be on the table as part of a deal.

And what about a top 4 team? Just curious thats all
No different really, the first rounder would be a starting point and then some value might be added to even the trade. Unfortunately that's how trading works; whether or not you get 'overs' or 'unders' for a player boils down to where they want to go and what available currency the destination club has.

Saad trade was a good example last year, wasn't really worth pick #8 but that was the pick Carlton had at the time.

If he leaves (I think that’s a big if), I can honestly see him at Geelong. Perfect age profile, fits a genuine need and originally a Vic country kid with family near the area. Only thing is I just can’t see how Geelong would get the deal done. As suggested above, he’d be top 10 pick or later 1st rounder + second rounder.

If he leaves (I think that’s a big if), I can honestly see him at Geelong. Perfect age profile, fits a genuine need and originally a Vic country kid with family near the area. Only thing is I just can’t see how Geelong would get the deal done. As suggested above, he’d be top 10 pick or later 1st rounder + second rounder.

No he ain’t.

It would take something from our seconds this year, our future first and probably a player, we are no chance. Be happy we got Cameron and go to the draft.

To replenish our midfield we need to look at RFA and FA not trades.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back