Recommitted Jacob Hopper [re-signed until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Likely to be GWS' B&F winner this year, if not then would be runner-up, plus AA squad selection. I'd suggest definitely more than pick #7 alone. Not that I think he'll leave GWS, and not that I think Tigers won't go to the draft anyway.
We could still hit the draft pretty hard and bring Hopper in. We'd be mad to pass him up if available.

Richmond aren't going to trade pick 7, in every interview I've seen club hierarchy have spoken about the strong draft hand and hitting the draft. Pick 7 is the best pick we've had in a long while.

It probably means we aren't going to trade for Hopper, but I dont believe there's any genuine serious plans for us to chase him, or that he'll even leave. I'm not sure we have a spare 7-800k a year lying around either with some of our contracts and guys we have or need to re-sign.

Richmond aren't going to trade pick 7, in every interview I've seen club hierarchy have spoken about the strong draft hand and hitting the draft. Pick 7 is the best pick we've had in a long while.

It probably means we aren't going to trade for Hopper, but I dont believe there's any genuine serious plans for us to chase him, or that he'll even leave. I'm not sure we have a spare 7-800k a year lying around either with some of our contracts and guys we have or need to re-sign.

this. Pick 7 wouldn’t get it done anyway .... would need 2 firsts and mYbe a later swap in your favour

If he is gettable those same recruiters would hand over that pick 7 in a heartbeat.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still no GWS noise on Hopper. My gut feels like Hawthorn/North/Collingwood will make some fair pushes now that it’s more of a possibility.
I mean if we lose Maynard we could probably do

Melbourne 2022 1st + Collingwood 2022 1st (probably top 3 pick again) for Hopper + Riccardi + pick 50 + pick 68 + pick 86.

GWS loves to spread out their 1st round picks in each year to maintain a diverse age profile of draftees, this gives them 2x 1st round picks in 2021 and 3x 1st round picks in 2022.

Still no GWS noise on Hopper. My gut feels like Hawthorn/North/Collingwood will make some fair pushes now that it’s more of a possibility.

Highly doubt he would want to go to a rebuilding club years away from contending if he returns to Vic.

Richmond, Geelong, Essendon or even St Kilda make a lot more sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean if we lose Maynard we could probably do

Melbourne 2022 1st + Collingwood 2022 1st (probably top 3 pick again) for Hopper + Riccardi + pick 50 + pick 68 + pick 86.

GWS loves to spread out their 1st round picks in each year to maintain a diverse age profile of draftees, this gives them 2x 1st round picks in 2021 and 3x 1st round picks in 2022.

Surely you jest.

Maynard is not netting Collingwood a first round pick and they'll get a third rounder for Riccardi as a separate deal.

Won't be going to Richmond this year, they do not have the money and are more than likely to find ways of increasing their draft hand this year.
Most likely way he gets to Richmond is if he signs for two at the Gaints.

Won't be going to Richmond this year, they do not have the money and are more than likely to find ways of increasing their draft hand this year.
Most likely way he gets to Richmond is if he signs for two at the Gaints.
We most likely hit the draft this year and make plays in the trade period next year when players like Riewoldt, Cotchin and Edwards will retire (most likely)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back