Traded Jacob Koschitzke [Traded to Richmond for #49]

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently, Ryan is valued more highly than Koschitzke with media reports claiming Brisbane are offering a future second round pick and Gunners.

You can see Richmond really rate Koschitzke with their offer of a pick in the 60s.

It would be best for Hawthorn to not trade with Richmond, who have acted bad faith throughout this whole process; offering a pick in the 60s is just insulting. Withdraw from the Chol debacle with the GC and re-negotiate a longer and higher $ for Koschitzke.

I've always believed that Koschitzke is a superior player to Chol, so see this as an outcome that would be in Hawthorn's best interests.

I mean, Hawthorn came out and said they wanted pick 25

It would be best for Hawthorn to not trade with Richmond, who have acted bad faith throughout this whole process; offering a pick in the 60s is just insulting. Withdraw from the Chol debacle with the GC and re-negotiate a longer and higher $ for Koschitzke.

I've always believed that Koschitzke is a superior player to Chol, so see this as an outcome that would be in Hawthorn's best interests.

Yet requesting pick 25 for a guy you are offering a 1 year contract and only played a handful of senior games this year then apparently changing to future 3rd round pick is not bad faith.... ?

You also offered an 'insulting' pick to Gold Coast for a guy you want to sign up for 5 years, but that is somehow different I guess ?

Every club will simply try to maximize each trade to their advantage. Trying to put morality, gentleman's honor or bad faith into it is just stupid.

Hawks have knocked back pick 49

I would just offer our F3 or gamble on the PSD.

We aren't talking about missing out on Jeremy Cameron here if he gets taken up before us which seems unlikely

Would prefer to give pick 41 over a future 3rd. With 2 x second round picks, 1 x third round and 2 x fourth round picks we are in a prime position to trade up in next years draft with Brisbanses F/S, Carlton F/S and Northern Academy players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The value has been agreed. Richmond want to give a 3rd in 2023, Hawks want 1 in 2024.

I wonder if there will be some sort of compromise if Hawks are desperate for that F3? Maybe Kosi and 39 for F3 and 49 and 1 of the picks in the 60's.

Everyone seems to win out of that one. Hawks get their F3 they can base their Chol bid around. Richmond get rid of 1 of the picks that we have too many of in 2023, and upgrade another 1.

I’d happily see this one fall through unless it’s cheap as chips.
Surely at the last minute either the Hawks cave and take a 3rd this year or we cave and give next year's 3rd.

I seriously wouldn't be fussed with either outcome, but equally if the trade doesn't get done I wouldn't care either, and would happily gamble on trying to get him in the PSD if that eventuated, or if we miss him so be it.

The main thing I was adamant on is that we didn't overpay for the sake of it, which it sounds like we won't/haven't which pleases me.

Koschitzke done for pick 49!! take that people thinking he was worth more, it's a fair deal for someone not rated at all by the Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back