Traded Jacob Koschitzke [Traded to Richmond for #49]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks start at 25 and end at 49.
Seems that Mackie, dodoro and whoever the hawks list manager is are cut from the same cloth.

Well you were offering a pick in the 60s initially so we've effectively ended up somewhere in the middle.

Sounds like a pretty fair deal overall.

Hawks start at 25 and end at 49.
Seems that Mackie, dodoro and whoever the hawks list manager is are cut from the same cloth.
Didn't happen. Hawks wanted a future pick.

Watching the same people who said 26 was a fair asking price now say 49 is way overs is priceless.

I said early on that I thought he was worth a late 3rd.

So I think Richmond paid overs, but not huge overs.

Mind you, I also thought Chol would be an early 3rd, so I've clearly been underrating tall forwards a little bit this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mind you, I also thought Chol would be an early 3rd, so I've clearly been underrating tall forwards a little bit this year.
Soldo, the McKay contract, Chol, Ryan, Esava... The cost of talls this year is actually insane.

Soldo, the McKay contract, Chol, Ryan, Esava... The cost of talls this year is actually insane.

Soldo, yeah, a little, but ruckmen who are ready to step up to 1st ruck slots usually get a good price, so I'm not really surprised there, especially with him being contracted.
McKay & Ryan I can't say I've seen enough of to really judge, but McKay did seem high. I imagine that deal was helped along by the AFL a bit (not breaking the rules, but ensuring Essendon structured it 'just right' to go that high).
Esava...Yeah, a bit high, but could work out to be a pretty good deal. Keep him in one spot and let him play rather than using him to fill any 'tall' gaps you have and he could become pretty good.

Wasn’t he picked by the Hawks at pick 53 or something?

So 49 for a key forward who is now 23 with 50 odd games under his belt is overs ?

Seems about the right price to pay given his output so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How’s this fella go as a back man? Maybe we look at gibcus forward and throw this fella down back?

Liam Jones spent half his career as a useless forward until thrown back and suddenly become a good defender.

Need smarts to play forward which some players just don’t have.

How’s this fella go as a back man? Maybe we look at gibcus forward and throw this fella down back?

Liam Jones spent half his career as a useless forward until thrown back and suddenly become a good defender.

Need smarts to play forward which some players just don’t have.
Drafted as a backman, all
Australian FB in under 18s if my memory serves me well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back