Gaborone

Team Captain
Mar 1, 2007
North Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwich City FC
What stats do the AFL take on umpires? Do they look at the free kicks they pay and to which teams? Do they examine the tape to see the free kicks they don't pay? Do they analyse the nature of the free kicks given?
I wasn't umpire watching today but Mollison forced himself to my attention. His total inconsistency on the holding the ball rule in particular is staggering and it is one way. He should not be getting a gig.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I should also add to that list of queries of the AFL - do you also keep a total of WHEN free kicks are given? Cheap late evening up the total free kicks at the end of the match can disguise bias when the game is in play.

Nothing new here. The even up has been around as long as stats have been kept.

Jul 2, 2018
Somerset Tasmania
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Swan Districts FC WAFL
What stats do the AFL take on umpires? Do they look at the free kicks they pay and to which teams? Do they examine the tape to see the free kicks they don't pay? Do they analyse the nature of the free kicks given?
I wasn't umpire watching today but Mollison forced himself to my attention. His total inconsistency on the holding the ball rule in particular is staggering and it is one way. He should not be getting a gig.
If they do not do all those reviews ,I think it would be a total disregard and bad bad bad bad coaching by Kennedy.

Generalissimo

His Excellency
Jul 14, 2002
Somewhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Mighty Cats
People give guys like Razor Ray a lot of flak, because for them it's all LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME I AM BIGGER THAN THE GAME LOOOK AAAAAT MEEEEE.

But this little grub Mollison has been quietly and unobtrusively rigging matches for years now.

Worst umpire I have ever seen.

Arctic fox

It's only a game
Mar 22, 2017
Out west
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Pretty sure in the days gone by clubs used to call and ask the director of umpires (Geishan) for a please explain when certain blatant free kick errors were made.
Does anyone know why this has stopped?

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Is this for real? Don’t know which umpire it was, but there was one paying opposite interpretations in the same bloody passage of play the other night
I thought it was 16-1 but regardless he is a deadset cheat. Unfortunately clubs are too scared to call them out for fear of the repercussions

nylexbandit

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I thought it was 16-1 but regardless he is a deadset cheat. Unfortunately clubs are too scared to call them out for fear of the repercussions
There was a passage where waterman got done HTB with stuff all prior, and then about 4 swans in a row were caught the same and no repercussion

FastLane

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2012
club tropicana
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
#TEAMWHAM
16 Free kicks last night, all Sydney's way.
Watching the game it was noticeable that one umpire continued to give swans a leg up- was baffling. As funny as it is watching essendon lose- I was yelling at the TV due to how badly they were screwed over.
Seeing this figure and the looking up Mollison- it was clear he was not impartial.
Worse than Stevic, Razor and Merideth!

Jul 2, 2018
Somerset Tasmania
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Swan Districts FC WAFL
Pretty sure in the days gone by clubs used to call and ask the director of umpires (Geishan) for a please explain when certain blatant free kick errors were made.
Does anyone know why this has stopped?
Geishan became a patsy for the umpiring lot. Geishan couldn't get a coaching job , so all that was left was the umpiring coach. It has got worse till this day. Scrap this haywire 3 x umpire system . It's a shambles. Reinstate the 2 x umpire system immediately. Now do that and thats 9 x bodgy umpires that will get the boot straight away.

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Even the commentators are gun shy to call out blatant one way calls.
You may get a "got away with one there" or "probably should of got a free" or "barely 10m that kick"
But they never actually pull up consistent one way umpiring. Watching that game I was waiting for some type of comment but it was either deathly silence, talking up how good Sydney were or actually trying to justify the decision.
Woeful all round.

Mollison called the Essendon vs swans game last week.

he paid like 16-20 free kicks to the swans out 29 total. Don’t remember exact number.

Was also was an umpire in the game where rampe climbed the post against us.

how the guy is allowed to continue to call swans games is beyond me

Back