Toast Jacob Townsend Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

The Salvatore Schillaci of the AFL. Unbelievable that purple patch he had in 2017. Brought some of that ginger mongrel we’d been missing since Jacko left. Liston Medal winner in a senior premiership winning year too. Can’t be too many who have achieved that.

Jack5

Cancelled
Richmond Tigers - Josh Gibcus Player Sponsor 2022 Richmond Tigers - Kamdyn McIntosh Player Sponsor 2022
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
One of my favourites. Personified the Tigers in 2017, everyone playing to their strengths and getting the most out themselves. Bone crunching tackler and dead eye kick for goal. 10 year player, AFL and VFL premiership player, life member of the best club in the land, Liston medal winner and a famous grand final moment. ******* legend.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Will forever be a Tiger premiership legend, I was gutted when we delisted him and feel similar on this news too.

Gold Coast have made a huge mistake by letting a player like him go, he's exactly the type of player you need around the club to help build a culture and work ethic.

loser 81 2 16

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I dunno...was he the type to really grow culture.
Remember his supposed falling out with Caddy...over him reckoning Caddy was being gifted games?

Having said all that, I loved his toughness and tackling...something we had sorely missed.
I especially loved his accuracy in front of goal...despite his action.
And better than his tackle on Crouch...I reckon...was his rag-dolling of Lever at 1/4 time.
Following up with 2 great goals.
Yep...it would be great to have him in the VFL team.

But all the best for him for the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
I dunno...was he the type to really grow culture.
Remember his supposed falling out with Caddy...over him reckoning Caddy was being gifted games?

Having said all that, I loved his toughness and tackling...something we had sorely missed.
I especially loved his accuracy in front of goal...despite his action.
And better than his tackle on Crouch...I reckon...was his rag-dolling of Lever at 1/4 time.
Following up with 2 great goals.
Yep...it would be great to have him in the VFL team.

But all the best for him for the future

Read the clubs but most importantly Benny gales response to see what type of bloke he is for culture. Exactly what the Suns need.

Retirement is an interesting time.

You become a better player, better person and a heap of love comes your way when often during your career a lot of players get anything but. The love from practically all of the Tiger faithful towards Jacob started with game 1 and went through to game 20.

You know you have left a mark at a club when after 20 games the faithful (and officials mind you) love you as much, if not more than some of the clubs 200 gamers, captains, best and fairest winners.....

All the best Jacob.

No doubt he peaked in 2017 and thoroughly deserved a spot because no one is ever gifted a premiership medal.
Life's about leaving your mark and he did that in spades in '17.
All the best Towner.

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
When was this?
Caddy hates him
55E3A91D-88EE-4DBE-9D50-1298211357F5.png

No doubt he peaked in 2017 and thoroughly deserved a spot because no one is ever gifted a premiership medal.
Life's about leaving your mark and he did that in spades in '17.
All the best Towner.

Well.....Daryl Freame maybe....

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Just out of interest... if we're in a hole mid-year can we draft him?

In all seriousness, if he was looking at living in Melbourne I would love to see him involved in the club in some role. Could he be a runner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back