Free Agency Jacob Townsend [signs with Essendon as a rookie during the supplemental selection period]

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the bloke and the way he plays footy. He’s exactly what the bombers need if it works out, just a selfless wrecking ball.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I didn’t mind if Melbourne has a look at him for a role player as a defensive forward who can apply pressure and knows where the goals are. Not sure he’ll make it as an inside mid. Maybe in the rotations but I don’t think he has the numbers.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I didn’t mind if Melbourne has a look at him for a role player as a defensive forward who can apply pressure and knows where the goals are. Not sure he’ll make it as an inside mid. Maybe in the rotations but I don’t think he has the numbers.
Jake Lever would never play again if Townsend went to Melbourne , I fear for his health

Congratts to Towno , The man is a legend as a human and a great man for any young team

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
This boy hits hard , Very hard

Bombers will know about it during the preseason and the kids should really take notice on how much it means to Jacob
He was brilliant in 2018/19 for the kids at Richmond and left everything on the ground every game

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
left everything on the ground every game

This is very un-Essendon, we like to smile after a loss.

f0036975127ec481b19ef8f31e50d875

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Bit worried that he sees himself as inside mid. I think his value lies in his ability to execute the zone and being able to compete with players bigger than himself through hardness.

As a mid he doesn’t find enough footy and is a slow decision maker so would be a designated blocker/tagger.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Bit worried that he sees himself as inside mid. I think his value lies in his ability to execute the zone and being able to compete with players bigger than himself through hardness.

As a mid he doesn’t find enough footy and is a slow decision maker so would be a designated blocker/tagger.

Reckon Caracella has bought him in for the sole purpose of setting the tone. Not a long term solution. More a cure for the Zaharkais effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back