Player Watch #2: Jacob van Rooyen – re-signed until 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm still in disbelief at how well I think we managed to do in the draft to be honest
Only time will tell, talls are hard to pick. BTW good to see we have coverage with the tall - I think Daniel Turner has a future as he looked comfortable down back at Casey in a shortened covid affected season, reminds me of Pett.
y
I've had a look at JVR's highlights. Has anyone seen JVR play live?

Just a lazy 6 fro Van Rooyen today. May get a run earlier than most think.
Mitch Brown kicks 6 for fun in the 2s not sure that's gonna get him a game. I'd be very surprised if we played a kid in a key post in the lead up to a tilt at a flag.

Give The Mighty Demons a sub on YouTube, bloke does great work, uploads all Melbourne bits from around the traps for the week, FoxFooty reviews and player interviews, puts player highlights packages together.

Awesome stuff from you if you post among us mate.

Lol k nevermind it was North's reserves. I'd bag 3 against them.

Never say no to young talent but playing a kid the way we go inside 50 would be horrible for him

Oh stop being a Debbie downer. :tearsofjoy:

Loved the tackle that won him a HTB at the top of the goal square, love seeing that s**t from KP players.

I've got to say i agree with TK. North are truely horendious, Dom fecking Tyson was there best player and Marty Hore there second best... It would have almost said more if he didnt kick 6.

Notwithstanding using my best Don's smallgoods voice. Is deepth, is good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the VFL sides would get flogged in the third div of the ammos this year. North, Essendon, Coburg and the Bullants are dross.

Against a side like that all you can take out of young players is their skills and how they move. I liked the mark he took before his third goal. Strong leap and took it overhead at it's highest point.

His highlights imo were more his half vollies with soft hands, vision and sweeping handballs out to runners around CHF - as well as his second efforts and tackling at ground level. Landed a few more tackles like the one that he got the free kick for around the grounds which was super impressive.

Going to be an absolute lump of a lad in a few years that isn't afraid to use his body.

All aboard the van Rooyen train TooT TooT

Looks very promising. Tracking nicely. Doubt he gets a gig in the seniors this year though. Not unless we have a horror run of injuries to our front half. Nice size, good hands, nice aerobic capacity. Could be a Nick Reiwoldt type? Time will tell. But I have more hope for him than I did with Weid. Although, realistically, Weid and Roo could be our FF and CHF in 2 years time.

Looks very promising. Tracking nicely. Doubt he gets a gig in the seniors this year though. Not unless we have a horror run of injuries to our front half. Nice size, good hands, nice aerobic capacity. Could be a Nick Reiwoldt type? Time will tell. But I have more hope for him than I did with Weid. Although, realistically, Weid and Roo could be our FF and CHF in 2 years time.
Yeah can't see him getting a game this year without injuries. Should be a good chance next year if he can maintain some good form. Our KPFs are hardly worldbeaters, just need to play a role and force contests.

I reckon he could play that Tom Mac role atm. Doesn't need to clunk just compete and make space

Remove this Banner Ad

Back