Weight:76kg
Position:Midfielder

2015 STATISTICS
Games:5
Goals:6
Avg Kicks:15.6
Avg Marks:6.2
Avg Hballs:7.6

Small midfielder/forward with elite speed and power. Excelled at stoppages and was able to push forward and kick some important goals for his team. Indigenous player who was a member of the Flying Boomerangs in 2012. Won the Vic Metro MVP, TAC Cup coaches award and U18 All-Australian honours in 2015.

Tony Elshaug says:

“Jade played for the Northern Knights. He played in defence last year at 177cm playing on the smaller types. This year he went forward and played in the midfield and had a very good year. Jade went on to be Vic Metro’s most valuable player and showed his quality there at winning the ball consistently setting up the play. He has good pace, good speed, good endurance, making good decisions by right and left hand and foot. He has shown a good capability to kick a goal and he finished off the year strongly as well. He is a very exciting player.”
http://m.saints.com.au/news/2015-11-24/pick-1418

Last edited:

@Jgresh6
Couldn't be any happier to be at the saints! Dream come true, hard work starts now #gosaints

I'm surprised about the elite speed tag. Is he really that quick?
Very quick in small spaces. Not massively so in straight line speed.

Bloody jealous you got the Gresh Barrels! Kid looks like a gun, may well be a future captain. Good pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just reminding myself of when I first came across our lad... His first three rounds of the 2015 TAC Cup season;

RND 2: 6 point loss to Calder
- 23 kicks 8 handballs (66% eff.), 9 handball receives, 7 marks, 4 tackles, 0.2 goals

RND 3: 49 point win over Sandringham
- 24 kicks 15 handballs (85% eff.), 18 handball receives, 8 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goals

That's averages per game of:
• 32.3 possessions (76.3% eff.)
- 22.3 kicks
- 10 handballs
• 11.3 handball receives
• 7.6 marks
• 4.6 tackles
• 1 goal

And they didn't appreciably go down from there...

:D

Impressive numbers.
Looks like a competitive beast.

Reality sinking in for highly rated Gresham

Josh Gabelich - @GabelichJosh
13 January 2016 4:39 PM

It’s been more than six weeks since Jade Gresham’s name was read out by St Kilda at last November’s National Draft, and slowly but surely, the young midfielder is coming to terms with his new life inside an AFL club.

The Saints acquired the highly rated Gresham with its first pick, No. 18, securing one of the premier onballers in the draft following the teenager’s outstanding year.

Gresham was named All Australian and Vic Metro’s MVP after a brilliant national carnival, as well as winning the Northern Knights best and fairest, the TAC Cup Coaches Award and finished runner-up in the Morrish Medal by one vote from Melbourne's pick No. 4, Clayton Oliver.

With the Christmas interval now firmly in the rear vision mirror and getting more distant by the day, Gresham revealed the workload and expectations on St Kilda’s draftees have risen as the NAB Challenge series looms and the season draws nearer.

“Yeah it’s sunk in a bit now. Before the break you’re sort of in and out of drills and only doing 60-70 per cent,” Gresham told saints.com.au on Wednesday afternoon.

“Now you’re doing most of the session. So it’s getting really tough now.

“I’m sort of getting used to it now, the workload and getting your body right for every session. It’s a bit different to TAC Cup, but I’m having a good time.”

Gresham singled out Saints leader Maverick Weller as one player who had gone out of his way to guide the club’s latest crop of players, assisting the new recruits with the little nuances associated with life in the AFL.

“Mav Weller’s helped us young boys out a fair bit, teaching us little things and really looking after us,” he said.

The former Northern Knights captain hasn’t put a ceiling on his ambitions this season, focusing on adopting elite practices first and building respect through a commitment to work, over an early debut or a certain number of games.

Although, Gresham is buoyed by the eye-catching maiden seasons produced by Jack Lonie and Jack Sinclair in 2015, taking confidence from their ability to exceed expectations in year one and make the leap from underage to senior football.

“I just want to come in, work hard, train hard, earn the respect of all the boys and just go from there pretty much,” he said.

“Definitely, watching them (Lonie and Sinclair) last year, seeing what they’ve done, it’s given us a lot of confidence and it’s really inspiring.”

Follow
St Kilda FC

✔@stkildafc

2/2 Gresham also very impressive - demonstrating why he was a 1st round pick - AR https://twitter.com/odneh/status/687092368231641088 …

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2016-01-13/reality-sinking-in-for-gresham

https://www.hightail.com/download/ZWJYYkJxU1BOMUFLSk5Vag

2016 Fantasy Draftee Guide

My View: Jade Gresham
An absolute beast. No words. In 5-6 years
time Jade Gresham will be a Fantasy gun, a
premier scorer in the game, mark my words.

Apart from a month-long slump (if you can
call it that) where he was played up forward
rather than his traditional midfield spot, his

production has been the best I have ever
seen at TAC Cup and Champs level (avg’s of
123 and 104), considering the consistency
and efficiency he has shown. The best Div 1
performer at the U18 Champs from a Fantasy
perspective, and the best run of form you will
ever see from the starting 2 months of the
TAC Cup. At AFL level, he has the workrate
and talent required to play 15+ games in his
first season, and in a team like St Kilda who
should give him chances aplenty you couldn’t
go wrong picking him from the outset. With
useful forward and defensive versatility he
can be productive early and no sub rule
means no worries! Lock and load for mine, at
least until NAB Challenge.
*Alan Richardson confirmed Gresham is well in
line for an early debut on his #AskTheCoach.

Doesn't look as small as I had pictured him, looks like a similar build to Joey who I am hoping he will be trying to emulate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back