Recommitted Jade Gresham [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we would. I can’t imagine us not meeting any financial request.
If you guys get away with 5 x 700k that is just incredible. Gresh could easily leave for 900k, maybe even pushing towards 1mil per season if he has another year of improvement

He could get 2 years at 800, backing himself to play well and become a premier player in the comp, then scoop up another 2, 3, 4, 5 years at a mill a year, maybe even more. Safety vs money.
Not sure why he would do that if the saints want him on a longer deal and are prepared to pay the premium of that being say $800k x4 years getting him to free agency then the world is his oyster to do what you mentioned at 25 years of age.

If he signs for 2 years then that would bring him to 23 years of age and would need to do the same again to leave open the FA component

If you guys get away with 5 x 700k that is just incredible. Gresh could easily leave for 900k, maybe even pushing towards 1mil per season if he has another year of improvement
Wouldn't be surprised if that still happens. If he continues his current trajectory for the next few months, he'd be sitting in a good position to demand 800 plus.

21 year old 65 games 81 goals

Easily worth a top 5 pick and every club in the land would pay that

Gresham should be asking more than $700k for a 5 year deal in todays market he would get close to what De Goey got offered by North

Well, only 5 clubs would be able to pay that, if he wanted to go to another club then it wouldn't be a top 5 pick

Don’t be silly no one could love the saints

I do, I believe I’m a smart guy and would have stopped supporting them long ago if we weren’t going anywhere.
Go Saints
(And Gresham stays, tried to read the Article on Hearld Sun, but it is a big deal for a good player, like Polec big)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’d be two firsts

Maybe. I don't think he will leave but as a hypothetical it would be highly dependent on which club he wanted to go to. If it was Hawthorn then the Saints wouldn't get 2 firsts, however my mob is more likely to roll over lol

Maybe. I don't think he will leave but as a hypothetical it would be highly dependent on which club he wanted to go to. If it was Hawthorn then the Saints wouldn't get 2 firsts, however my mob is more likely to roll over lol
Hawks and Saints have a pretty good trading relationship, they were very generous for the first rounder that helped them land O'Meara and the McEvoy trade was a good deal for both parties. Don't want to lose Gresh but there are much worse trading partners out there.

Hawks and Saints have a pretty good trading relationship, they were very generous for the first rounder that helped them land O'Meara and the McEvoy trade was a good deal for both parties. Don't want to lose Gresh but there are much worse trading partners out there.
Really shouldn't have much trouble if Gresham wants a trade, so long as it's not Essendon. Two first, or a top 5 Pick plus steak knives, would be the absolute minimum you guys would be looking at in a trade scenario, unless it ends up like the Wingard trade where Hawks trade a 1st plus a promising young gun.

What exactly are Saints needing from a list management perspective if it came to that?

Really shouldn't have much trouble if Gresham wants a trade, so long as it's not Essendon. Two first, or a top 5 Pick plus steak knives, would be the absolute minimum you guys would be looking at in a trade scenario, unless it ends up like the Wingard trade where Hawks trade a 1st plus a promising young gun.

What exactly are Saints needing from a list management perspective if it came to that?
Improving our hand at the draft would probably be the highest priority, we've got a first then our next pick is not until the fourth round. List management wise it's hard to get a read on what we'll need considering our surprise flying start. The possibility of Paddy or Roberton retiring has been tempered by the recruitment of Max King and Callum Wilkie, our messy ruck situation has been stabilised if not solved by Rowan "The Prospect" Marshall.

Gresh would leave a hole in terms of pace, class and X factor, whether we'd try to acquire a draft hand or trade in a player would depend on the dance partner.

The Saints are needing class, which is exactly what Gresham brings. Losing him would be catastrophic! The club will most certainly prioritise the re-signing of Gresham.

Likely retirements of Armitage, Roberton & McCartin will ensure the club can pay Gresham’s asking price, within reason. In addition, there’s a lot of talk Steven may be in his final year at St Kilda.

Gresham will get a hefty pay rise & most likely be in the top 2-3 paid at the club if not the highest paid.

We rarely see Melbourne born players playing in their home state leave for another Melbourne based club. I’d say Gresham leaving St Kilda is extremely unlikely. Jack Steven is different due to his mental health.

The Saints are needing class, which is exactly what Gresham brings. Losing him would be catastrophic! The club will most certainly prioritise the re-signing of Gresham.

Likely retirements of Armitage, Roberton & McCartin will ensure the club can pay Gresham’s asking price, within reason. In addition, there’s a lot of talk Steven may be in his final year at St Kilda.

Gresham will get a hefty pay rise & most likely be in the top 2-3 paid at the club if not the highest paid.

We rarely see Melbourne born players playing in their home state leave for another Melbourne based club. I’d say Gresham leaving St Kilda is extremely unlikely. Jack Steven is different due to his mental health.

Where is Steven going

Where is Steven going

Possibly Geelong. His manager on trade radio last year said they tried to explore a trade however the club (St Kilda) refused to entertain the idea. I wouldn’t be surprised if Steven attempts a trade again. I think his health issues will have a bearing on what he & the club decides to do.

Possibly Geelong. His manager on trade radio last year said they tried to explore a trade however the club (St Kilda) refused to entertain the idea. I wouldn’t be surprised if Steven attempts a trade again. I think his health issues will have a bearing on what he & the club decides to do.
What’s he worth.

Jack steven worth to the club 2 first rounders

His actual worth I think the saints of jacks mental health issues are severe will accept one of the first rounders Geelong will receive for Tim Kelly and a 3rd rounder maybe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back