Coach Jade Rawlings - sacked by NMFC w/ 2yr to run on contract

A grand final yes. A premiership perhaps not.

You're correct. Pleasing that was only last year.

Rawlings, who coached the Casey Demons to a grand final last season, most recently stepped back into the AFL coaching system during Melbourne’s mid-season restructure of the football department, where he became the forward line coach for the remainder of 2019.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Rawlings, who coached the Casey Demons to a grand final last season, most recently stepped back into the AFL coaching system during Melbourne’s mid-season restructure of the football department, where he became the forward line coach for the remainder of 2019.
Doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. The Dees offense was horrible in the second half of the year, couldn't kick a score.

Doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. The Dees offense was horrible in the second half of the year, couldn't kick a score.

The Dees looked underdone from early on, in almost every position bar ruck. Watching a VFL game and seeing Jade speaking to players at 3/4 time it’s difficult to be left unimpressed. He’s a very well spoken clear communicator who insists all players eyes are on him when he speaks. He drives high standards and has a truckload of experience to impart and add to the coaching crew.

He also has unfinished business at North.

I like the appointment personally and look forward to seeing how it goes. A new set of eyes is a good thing also.

You're correct. Pleasing that was only last year.

Adding to the info...

Pre restructure whilst at Casey they went 3 wins and 6 losses.
Post restructure without Jade they went 6 wins and 3 losses. :huh:

Edit: Addressing the troops Rnd 1 this year:

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My first thought. And my feeling is the answer is not yes.

I also don’t particularly like the family connection. Hard for Brady to be objective when reviewing his brother. I might have it wrong and that’s not Brady’s role. I know Brady’s professional but blurs the lines in my opinion.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
I also don’t particularly like the family connection. Hard for Brady to be objective when reviewing his brother. I might have it wrong and that’s not Brady’s role. I know Brady’s professional but blurs the lines in my opinion.
Surely they’re mature enough to deal with that.

Back