Coach Jade Rawlings - sacked by NMFC w/ 2yr to run on contract

Remove this Banner Ad

A grand final yes. A premiership perhaps not.

You're correct. Pleasing that was only last year.

Rawlings, who coached the Casey Demons to a grand final last season, most recently stepped back into the AFL coaching system during Melbourne’s mid-season restructure of the football department, where he became the forward line coach for the remainder of 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rawlings, who coached the Casey Demons to a grand final last season, most recently stepped back into the AFL coaching system during Melbourne’s mid-season restructure of the football department, where he became the forward line coach for the remainder of 2019.
Doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. The Dees offense was horrible in the second half of the year, couldn't kick a score.

Doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. The Dees offense was horrible in the second half of the year, couldn't kick a score.

The Dees looked underdone from early on, in almost every position bar ruck. Watching a VFL game and seeing Jade speaking to players at 3/4 time it’s difficult to be left unimpressed. He’s a very well spoken clear communicator who insists all players eyes are on him when he speaks. He drives high standards and has a truckload of experience to impart and add to the coaching crew.

He also has unfinished business at North.

I like the appointment personally and look forward to seeing how it goes. A new set of eyes is a good thing also.

You're correct. Pleasing that was only last year.

Adding to the info...

Pre restructure whilst at Casey they went 3 wins and 6 losses.
Post restructure without Jade they went 6 wins and 3 losses. :huh:

Edit: Addressing the troops Rnd 1 this year:

Last edited:
My first thought. And my feeling is the answer is not yes.

I also don’t particularly like the family connection. Hard for Brady to be objective when reviewing his brother. I might have it wrong and that’s not Brady’s role. I know Brady’s professional but blurs the lines in my opinion.

I also don’t particularly like the family connection. Hard for Brady to be objective when reviewing his brother. I might have it wrong and that’s not Brady’s role. I know Brady’s professional but blurs the lines in my opinion.
Surely they’re mature enough to deal with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back