Retired Jaden McGrath (2014-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Like others have said I have a good feeling about this kid. Looks the goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he get No 9?
Nup, 29 -

NEW NUMBERS -

#3 – ALLEN CHRISTENSEN
(formerly number 28 at Geelong)
Most recently worn by:
Brent Moloney
Most games (Club History):
Michael Voss – 283

#5 – MITCH ROBINSON
(formerly number 12 at Carlton)
Most recently worn by:
Jack Crisp
John Murphy – 214

#9 – DAYNE BEAMS
(formerly number 17 at Collingwood)
Most recently worn by:
Ash McGrath
Ash McGrath – 214
#19 – JOSH CLAYTON (formerly number 12 at Sandringham Dragons)
Most recently worn by:
Jordan Lisle
David McMahon – 218
#20 – JOSH WATTS (formerly number 24 at Glenorchy)
Most recently worn by: Simon Black
Simon Black – 322

#24 – LIAM DAWSON
(formerly number 38 at Aspley)
Most recently worn by:
Joel Patfull
Joel Patfull – 182

#29 – JADEN McGRATH (formerly number 1 at Bendigo Pioneers)
Most recently worn by:
Andrew Raines
Garry Wilson – 268

#31 – HARRIS ANDREWS (formerly number 27 at Aspley)
Most recently worn by:
James Polkinghorne
Bert Clay – 157

#37 – CIAN HANLEY (formerly number 11 for County Mayo in Ireland)
Most recently worn by:
Patrick Wearden
Keith Bromage – 41

#40 – MATT HAMMELMANN (formerly number 24 for Queensland)
Most recently worn by:
Isaac Conway
Scott Clayton – 160

#43 – JOSH McGUINNESS (formerly number 17 at Lauderdale)
Most recently worn by:
Nick Hayes
Beau McDonald – 91

#46 – BILLY EVANS (formerly number 28 for Bendigo Pioneers)
Most recently worn by:
Sam Michael
Colm Begley – 29

#48 – HUGH BEASLEY
(formerly number 8 for Oakleigh Chargers)
Most recently worn by:
Stephen Wrigley
Ken Hinkley – 10

I would consider the last one extremely unlikely IMO given our increased depth. Wouldn't shock me if no first year players get a game this season, which I would consider a good thing

Dawson will play a bit, but yeah, I see your point. Of course we'll have our fair share of injuries, but if the whole squad was fit and available to choose from; I think we've got 18 locks, with another 16 trying to get those final 4 spots in the 22 (pretty decent depth for a bottom 4 team):

In no particular order:

1. Adcock
2. Rockliff
3. D.Beams
4. Hanley
5. Rich
6. Zorko
7. Christensen
8. Martin
9. Leuenberger
10. Green
11. Redden
12. Clarke
13. Mayes
14. Aish
15. Gardiner
16. Robinson
17. Taylor
18. Close

with Merrett, Maguire, Bewick, Harwood, McStay, Staker, C.Beams, Paparone, Freeman, Cutler, Robertson, Lester, Golby, McGuane, West and Paine the others looking to get regular spots in our best 22 :footy:

If Clayton, Watts, Andrews, Dawson, McGrath or McGuinness get regular games, it'd be surprising.

Hey guys I know I also posted this under Billy Evans but will be interviewing the Chaplain of the Pioneers who had a bit to do with Jaden and really knows his footy this afternoon at 5. If you want to tune in life1051.org.au

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaden McGrath looked really composed when he came on against the Gold Coast after a few good glimpses in the other two NAB challenge matches. He seems to fit straight into the team and looks ready for seniors footy.

Friday night he had 13 disposals, including 6 contested possessions in 58% of game time.

He will be close to earning his official debut in round 1, although I suspect he will miss out.

Looked good down back. Wonder if that could be his position long term.

Jaden McGrath looked really composed when he came on against the Gold Coast after a few good glimpses in the other two NAB challenge matches. He seems to fit straight into the team and looks ready for seniors footy.

Friday night he had 13 disposals, including 6 contested possessions in 58% of game time.

He will be close to earning his official debut in round 1, although I suspect he will miss out.

Unless Mayes did some spectacular work yesterday; I can't see McGrath missing Rd. 1 (probably as the sub) :thumbsu:

Jaden McGrath set to earn a shock Round 1 Brisbane Lions debut after strong pre-season

A BLOND bolter from Bendigo has forced his way into the Brisbane side for Saturday night’s Round 1 blockbuster against Collingwood at the Gabba.

Livewire midfielder Jaden McGrath was taken at pick No.73 in last year’s national draft but earned a spot in the Lions’ first-choice 22 for the match-up with the Magpies after a sizzling summer.

The 18-year-old was identified as an elite junior and was part of the AIS-AFL Academy in 2014.

286930-2ea67d6c-d846-11e4-91d8-f0bc1d307f16.jpg

Jaden McGrath could be the next cult hero at Brisbane Lions with much expected

IT is easy to see why Brisbane like Jaden McGrath.

The 18-year-old from Kerang in northern Victoria has all the qualities you would expect from a knockabout country kid – a great work ethic, toughness and an unflappable attitude when confronted by adversity.

Those attributes will be required by the Lions as a whole when they tackle a North Melbourne side hellbent on redemption at Etihad Stadium.

803168-8ff9edce-e016-11e4-b60a-424ceb2f883c.jpg

Lions’ Teenage Talent Blast

The strong form of Jayden McGrath has added another page to the Brisbane Lions’ teenage talent explosion.

McGrath is the ninth teenager to debut under Senior Coach Justin Leppitsch, the 18-year-old midfielder from Kerang, a rural town of 4000 people in northern Victoria, capping a dream introduction to the AFL by playing against Collingwood at the Gabba in Round 1 after being taken at No.73 in the 2014 National Draft.

He followed that up with a strong – and brave – performance against the Kangaroos in a well-beaten side yesterday at Etihad Stadium.

Big fan of McGrath but not sure fans will be in the mood to read about our "talent explosion" this morning.

Still, his efforts last night should have left some more mature and experienced players feeling ashamed.

Big fan of McGrath but not sure fans will be in the mood to read about our "talent explosion" this morning.

Still, his efforts last night should have left some more mature and experienced players feeling ashamed.
Everyone was raving about him going back with the flight and getting smashed my Petrie, and rightfully so. He also did that earlier in early in the first when he saved a goal by spoiling someone in the North goal score going back with the flight. Serious courage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back