Jaegar O'Meara: Where does he go?

Where does Jaegar go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of peeps on our board have said they've heard that internally Carlton have been popping the champagne because they think they've got him and Caro said on FC last night that Gold Coast believe that he's off to either Carlton or Collingwood, so I'll go with Carlton.

Next guess would be Hawthorn, which might explain why it hasn't been leaked or said publicly yet.

No need for the 3rd part. Every chance that next year's first is a sub-10 pick and that and 20ish this year would be plenty for someone who hasn't played for two years and is reportedly failing medicals.

It'll almost certainly be a top 10 pick. I expect Essendon to bounce back quickly but no way IMO do they make finals as early as 2017.

You may be right that the two picks are enough on their own.

Essendon I reckon.

2017 1st round pick, 2016 2nd round pick and a player should do it.
Why would the Suns come out and say that they expected to be dealt a fair trade or else they'd let him walk to Essendon, if Essendon was his desired home.

I'm amazed at how people have missed that so badly.

We get it, you think he's going to Hawthorn.
I do, but I also really don't understand how people have completely missed the contradiction of Cochrane demanding a fair trade from Essendon or else the Suns will let him walk to Essedndon in the PSD.

Cochrane obviously doesn't think the club he desires is Essendon.

I do, but I also really don't understand how people have completely missed the contradiction of Cochrane demanding a fair trade from Essendon or else the Suns will let him walk to Essedndon in the PSD.

My God you're a genius!

I think most people realise that Jaeger will probably end up wearing your ugly guernsey next year, but are sick of Hawthorn supporters shoving it down their throats. Hawthorn make the most sense of Jaeger to go to and you would expect that a deal gets done between the two clubs. Best of luck with the knees.

My God you're a genius!

I think most people realise that Jaeger will probably end up wearing your ugly guernsey next year, but are sick of Hawthorn supporters shoving it down their throats. Hawthorn make the most sense of Jaeger to go to and you would expect that a deal gets done between the two clubs. Best of luck with the knees.
No need to get upset.

Spot on. I would think its Hawks or Collingwood.

Collingwood as they have nothing to trade so any guns announcing them would put any club on tilt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are giving Cochrane far more credit than he deserves.

I think it's more amazing that some people are convinced there's some kind of logical, rational meaning behind one of the most illogical, irrational rants of modern football

I think it's more amazing that some people are convinced there's some kind of logical, rational meaning behind one of the most illogical, irrational rants of modern football

Precisely.

Was the height of stupidity. Showed a man with either a complete lack of control over his emotions, or a man that doesn't understand that players hold all the power in todays football.

An emotional rant, but did it have its desired effect?

Do we not all think now that he is slighlty unhinged?

Sure do.

Here's the problem though, I can tell you with certainty that Gold Coast did NOT know which club or clubs O'Meara was interested in when Cochrane went on his rant.

It was pure idiocy.

wait, you think he wanted to appear a ******* lunatic?

Hang on, let me think through this. Ok, presumably because... oh right because if everyone thinks he's crazy as * and will send JOM off to the PSD it means that the club he knows have already come to terms with him, that being Hawthorn, will be more likely to pony up their asking price, because Cochrane is tripping balls crazy and will just put a bullet in him rather than take a shitty deal.

How did I go?

Only problem is that it's based on the premise that a) it would work, or more pertinently that Cochrane thinks it would work or that Hawthorn would fall for it; and b) well, there is no b, just a is enough

Hang on, let me think through this. Ok, presumably because... oh right because if everyone thinks he's crazy as **** and will send JOM off to the PSD it means that the club he knows have already come to terms with him, that being Hawthorn, will be more likely to pony up their asking price, because Cochrane is tripping balls crazy and will just put a bullet in him rather than take a shitty deal.

How did I go?

Only problem is that it's based on the premise that a) it would work, or more pertinently that Cochrane thinks it would work or that Hawthorn would fall for it; and b) well, there is no b, just a is enough

And assuming he (O'Meara) had already selected Hawthorn are his club of choice, it encourages him to think twice about other clubs that might potentially be an option through the PSD.

There's just no other way to interpret Cochrane's actions as anything other than complete stupidity.

And assuming he (O'Meara) had already selected Hawthorn are his club of choice, it encourages him to think twice about other clubs that might potentially be an option through the PSD.

There's just no other way to interpret Cochrane's actions as anything other than complete stupidity.
yep. They are as far away from a strategic statement as could possibly be.

As everyone noted at the time, it read as though he'd mashed out the statement the second JOM left his office after their big shouting match, and in terms of being able to explain it that's probably exactly what did happen.

Tony, mate - you ALWAYS sleep on it, or at least give it an hour and a re-read, before sending an angry email

Hang on, let me think through this. Ok, presumably because... oh right because if everyone thinks he's crazy as **** and will send JOM off to the PSD it means that the club he knows have already come to terms with him, that being Hawthorn, will be more likely to pony up their asking price, because Cochrane is tripping balls crazy and will just put a bullet in him rather than take a shitty deal.

How did I go?

He probably didn't want to appear as unhinged as he did, but he certainly wanted to make a stand that he thought everyone would take note of, that much is certain.

Back