Player Watch Jaeger O'Meara 2021 (Rolling into year 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is time to play him inside and either put Shiels outside or bring in Downie. We really, really, really, need a big body in the guts to create space for our ball winners. Last time we played finals we had him blocking and bullocking for titch. It worked. it might not be the end game but lets see how we go with some size at stoppages.
Keegan Brooksby?

I jest - but also wonder if we'd target someone like Sier from Collingwood. Watched a bit of the box hill match and even wondered if Jai Newcombe would be a shot at the mid-season draft. After hearing reports of Finn being used to tag opposition, I thought maybe they see him challenging for Howe's spot.

Anyway, this thread is about O'Meara? Erm, yeah he's playing great.

Jags has most definitely gone into beast mode and carrying the midfield.
He does burn the ball now and then but really, when he is getting FA help from his teammates around a stoppage it is to be expected.
Howe needs to slide inside at the expense of Shiels to get some blocks on for him to get some easier ball.
Go back to 2019 when we strung a few wins together and we had Jags, Worps and Howe sharing the heavy lifting with Howe tagging and making blocks. He opens up the outside lanes for Wingard, Breust and this year Moore and Morrison to hit up targets inside 50.

Jags simply does it all at the moment. Without him in the side we would be a laughing stock and be 0-4 with a

Totally agree mate, but BB signed another year, and they're not gonna strip him after 1 year in the gig.
Ppl laughed at me in this thread about him. Some of the things he does out on the training track are jaw droppingly good. His hands in close and off the deck are *in elite

Big call. And I'm a massive fan of JOM.
Big boy seems to be the kind of guy who would actually like to hand it over - for the betterment of the club as a whole, the betterment of Jaeger, and to allow BB himself to focus on his own game.

Ppl laughed at me in this thread about him.
2494196-nelson.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been huge this year.

My only knock on him is his kicking at times. Can burn the footy.

Beast mode version of JOM yesterday, willed us over the line and got others to buy in as well.

Previously only Burgoyne has shown an ability to do that in this current era.

Jaeger looks a million bucks when his body lets him play. I hope it does more often.

Been huge this year.

My only knock on him is his kicking at times. Can burn the footy.

Not the only one - and in fact not even that bad all things considered. He's ranked 13th in Disposals per game and roughly the same in effective disposals, 1st in total centre clearances, 10th in contested possessions.

Considering the amount of contested ball he gets, he's not doing that bad - equal 47th in total Clangers and 66th in Clangers per game. Liken him to Oliver, Petracca, Taranto and Cripps who are all top 10.

Another captain's performance from JOM. This is the player we hoped we were getting at the time of the trade - leader (on/off the field), completely selfless, workhorse, clean and absolutely determined to drag the team forward when it needs it.

At the time of the trade I said that even if he only hits 80% of his original pre-injury potential he will be a class player. Well I think we are seeing him reach that marker now.

Another captain's performance from JOM. This is the player we hoped we were getting at the time of the trade - leader (on/off the field), completely selfless, workhorse, clean and absolutely determined to drag the team forward when it needs it.

At the time of the trade I said that even if he only hits 80% of his original pre-injury potential he will be a class player. Well I think we are seeing him reach that marker now.
Definitely has another gear or two to work into too!
Very excited to see how he goes over the next few years- I think with all the time off that he missed out on may extend his career slightly.

It’s even more noteworthy as we haven’t got a dominant ruck division or a midfield group. Has been absolutely superb this year.
He really is leading our midfield group at the moment. Hopefully Mitchell and Wingard can step it up sooner. It will be massive with our fortunes moving forward.

Watching the video last week after the game JOM took that loss personally. He must lead this club soon. He is a beacon for the rest of the team to follow
Considering that he did say in the media he wanted to be captain this year, his efforts are a testament to the man.
Others could have dropped their bundle and had a sook, so kudos to the guy for doubling down and letting his football do the talking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back