Player Watch Jaeger O'Meara 2021 (Rolling into year 5)

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Honestly I had him pegged as a solid B grader for us at the start of the season based on his past 3 years. I thought his endeavour was A+ but his body wouldn't let him reach the heights of pre injury Jaegar.

But definetly playing like the A grader we ll hoped he was this year.

Just goes to show what a shocking injury it was he suffered given it has taken him till now to fully recover from it.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Honestly I had him pegged as a solid B grader for us at the start of the season based on his past 3 years. I thought his endeavour was A+ but his body wouldn't let him reach the heights of pre injury Jaegar.

Just goes to show what a shocking injury it was he suffered given it has taken him till now to fully recover from it.

100% I am in the same boat. A acl takes 12 months playing time and can take a further yr to capture your best form and the confidence in your legs (Jars for example.)

Jags was a shocking injury, I think last year short turn around played a huge part and did him no favours. He looks to be backing himself in to breakaway from the contest and take the game on it's great to see.

Aug 2, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania

Exactly what I was thinking.
We've now got the Jaeger we signed on for.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
I thought (and said a few years ago) that if he got back to anywhere near his potential then he will be our best player. That's what he is right now.

Hopefully we can build a midfield around him, Mitchell and Worpel. We need some class and speed to compliment them. We also need a ruckman that can provide them with service - look at those break away clearances.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
100% I am in the same boat. A acl takes 12 months playing time and can take a further yr to capture your best form and the confidence in your legs (Jars for example.)

Jags was a shocking injury, I think last year short turn around played a huge part and did him no favours. He looks to be backing himself in to breakaway from the contest and take the game on it's great to see.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that when the doctors looked at his knee after he did his ACL they said something along the lines of it being an injury more typically associated with a car crash or similar impact rather than a sporting injury 😬

lollihawk

Senior List
May 30, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pretty sure I read somewhere that when the doctors looked at his knee after he did his ACL they said something along the lines of it being an injury more typically associated with a car crash or similar impact rather than a sporting injury 😬

I feel like the car crash reference may have been made with regards to Ryan Burton’s injury?

Back