Player Watch Jaeger O'Meara: 4 more years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jaeger frustrates me but in a great way, because he genuinely never fishes for free kicks. I never see him exaggerate contact or throw his arms up to get umpire attention.

Every now and then he'll get dragged around the shoulder, or shoved, and I'll just desperately want him to put just a tiny bit of mustard on it so he gets a free but he never does. Love the bloke.

He seems really confident in his body now too.

I know he got caught by Danger but he put the ball under his arm and went for the shimmy shake and put a lot of pressure through that knee. I don't recall seeing him do that as a breakaway mechanism since his GC days but want to see more of it. Just the intent being there is very positive for the team going forward

Jaeger frustrates me but in a great way, because he genuinely never fishes for free kicks. I never see him exaggerate contact or throw his arms up to get umpire attention.

Every now and then he'll get dragged around the shoulder, or shoved, and I'll just desperately want him to put just a tiny bit of mustard on it so he gets a free but he never does. Love the bloke.

He would never fit in at Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant speak for Kyrgios but Duck is morally bankrupt aswell.

It still sickens me how all of his colleagues fawn over him like a bunch of 8 year olds would the grade 6 bully.

If you wanted to see something truly vomitorious, you could have seen Phil Liggett doing live crosses to Lance Armstrong in this last Tour De France, talking to him like Royalty and asking his esteemed opinions on the various riders and their chances.
Like history was nothing, that the dirt scum who made most of us write off competitive bike riders as all being likely dopers had somehow been rinsed clean....
I could not f***ing believe it.

Careys a bit like Kyrios, if they're on the TV you change channels. Both are intellectually bankrupt.
I no longer follow the old game of the genteel, though I doubt it has change much in recent times, but this strikes me as a strange criterion for a good tennis match.

I rate Hill as the best winger in the comp. He'd make a difference to our side, but if we add Cogs, Mitchell, Patton to this team, it won't matter.

What we're sorely missing is having 3 bona fide Ferraris in our midfield. All of the good sides have them, and then depth in support.

I'd back us against most teams with a starting midfield of Tom, JOM, Cogs, with Worps, Chad and Shiels in support.

The rest will take care of itself.

Cogs is the key.

Jags isn’t a Ferrari mate.. but as many have said, he could be a great 3rd/4th wheel behind Titch/Cogs and Worpel.

Jags isn’t a Ferrari mate.. but as many have said, he could be a great 3rd/4th wheel behind Titch/Cogs and Worpel.
He absolutely is a Ferrari.

We’re watching a guy who coming from a long way back, but he’s shown us plenty of times this year just how good he can be on his day.

Expect to see more of this next year.

He's been asked to do all of the inside work all year. With Tom and hopefully Cogs in that midfield I reckon he'll get off the leash. But yeah, hasn't coped with the heavy tag, which is pretty obvious.

He's been asked to do all of the inside work all year. With Tom and hopefully Cogs in that midfield I reckon he'll get off the leash. But yeah, hasn't coped with the heavy tag, which is pretty obvious.

Riding 3-4 deep will help him immensely no doubt

I doubt it, I’ve seen enough to know he isn’t imo. A good player but no Ferrari

Mate, a ferrari is a ferrari but you don't take it off-roading.

Jags isn't in his ideal spot. Just watch him when he's freed up to play between the midfield and the HFF, could still average 20+ and 1.5-2 goals a game.

You will have to be more specific tige19. That is, Jags is not performing 'like' a Ferrarri atm. Will he be a Ferrari? Who knows. Currently he is not in the same league as our anitque midfield Ferrarris in Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis etc. They were matchwinners in their own right. O'Meara has not come close to that..........yet.

I think if Mitchell had been in the side this conversation would not be happening.

I doubt it, I’ve seen enough to know he isn’t imo. A good player but no Ferrari
His strengths in his early years was his explosive speed and endurance along with elite skills and footy smarts.

Unfortunately with the injuries, he no longer has the same speed or endurance but still has the rest.

That’s why he often dominates first quarters, often going into half time with 16 touches, only to run out with 23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back