Toast Jaeger O'Meara 50 Games and beyond...

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Roughy was on 'Talking Footy' last night and they were asking him a heap of questions in relation to finals, finishing top 4, etc. and one of the things that stood out for me was Rough's comment on players like Jaeger being incredibly pumped after they won on the weekend and secured a top four spot. Basically said that you couldn't wipe the smile off his face.

Last edited:
Roughy was on 'On The Couch' last night and they were asking him a heap of questions in relation to finals, finishing top 4, etc. and one of the things that stood out for me was Rough's comment on players like Jaeger being incredibly pumped after they won on the weekend and secured a top four spot. Basically said that you couldn't wipe the smile off his face.

It's actually the Talking Footy :D. He mentioned about how this is Jaeger first Final campaign after 8 years (maybe I misheard him) and how Jaeger is so happy.

Edit: maybe he was there after the Talking Footy, only watched the first segment about Hawks on the OTC so maybe he's in after that. Apology if that's the case.

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's actually the Talking Footy :D. He mentioned about how this is Jaeger first Final campaign after 8 years (maybe I misheard him) and how Jaeger is so happy.

Edit: maybe he was there after the Talking Footy, only watched the first segment about Hawks on the OTC so maybe he's in after that. Apology if that's the case.

You're right - I get them all mixed up! I'll edit that, cheers!

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Main board!! Put it up everyday of the week!! It’s awesome, I’m over the moon about this bloke, has big time player written all over him.

True but now that you are here are you satisfied by last night?
Agree you're not happy but at the same time realistic about where we are as a football club. We do our best and see how we go but I won't be devastated if we leave the finals next week. We played two finals games and for some of our youngsters that's invaluable

There's a rule called a 50m penalty that Umpires could enforce to stop JOM having to punch an opponent to get free.
Yep Tigers were allowed to delay our players all night whether it be a marking contest or a free kick

Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yep Tigers were allowed to delay our players all night whether it be a marking contest or a free kick
They bitch and moan about their free kick differential this year but that is a result of them pushing the boundary and asking the umpire to make a decision on the legality of pretty much every contested scenario. So many times, they get away with the 50/50 calls.
Their defenders push opposition players under the flight of the ball better than any side and good luck to them for getting away with it. It is funny though watching Jack Reiwoldt whinge when he cops any body contact . And the farcicial non-umpiring of their small ruckman has got beyond a joke. They push and interfere without infringement. What opposition big blokes need to do is jump and stick the knee into the rib cage at every contest. And their Doggies-inspired taking on the tackler and throwing the balls gets more benefit that it should.

These observations are not based on last nights game, these have been happening for a quite a while. Anyway, good luck to them if they can get away with it.

skwunk

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket), Brooklyn Nets
Looks like he could be our best player in the next few years. If Worpel develops to what we hope and we get one of Shiel/Coniglio/Gaff, we suddenly have one of the best midfields in the league.

Back