Toast Jaeger O'Meara 50 Games and beyond...

Remove this Banner Ad

Tige's like an emotional roller coaster.:D
Make's me smile though reading his posts, you won't find anyone loving the club or it's players when they're up and about more than that fella.;)
Yep. If tige is up and about for Jages then that makes me more confident

You are far more positive about Jages that you were 10 weeks ago.

I've been pretty consistent in all my postings about Jags, people around here take realistic points of views as being negative... that's human nature.

I doubted (and I still do to an extent) that we'd ever get him back to 100%, whilst he's not there yet, the signs are damn promising. How's those speed stats? That's what got me over the line.

Brilliant game, was awesome being here.. had Jags 30ps into Ruff 3 goals, was super confident at qtr time and bought the boys a few shouts, spoke to soon! Regardless, great game by Jags.

Was huge tonight. Can tell that he's starting to become brim full of confidence in his body with the way he is hitting the packs with pace.

He has some sleight of fist too. Not sure how he was getting these handballs out in tight situations. Big preseason coming up. Hopefully he will tear it up next year.

Only started watching halfway through 2nd Q. Was impressed with his hands in close.. but I don't think I saw him actually kick!! Noticed this last week as well, definitely favouring the hands (he had one shot at goal which he sprayed).

Once he gets confidence back in his kicking will be a jet, he's such a smooth mover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrific game. So important for him to know that he can still play that well at AFL level heading into pre-season. Absolutely the right call to bring him back through the AFL.

If he stays fit we definitely have a gun inside midfielder. His work in close and his tackling is awesome and with him and Mitchell at the coal face it is no surprise we nearly doubled the Dogs for clearances.

The unknown remains whether he can get his outside game going. I can't see why not. His movement looks fine. At the moment he just doesn't seem to put himself in the right positions - ie he is very rarely used as an uncontested marking option. He also still seems hesitant in his kicking and when he gets possession even in his space he generally looks to handball.

All up a great night for him. His first season as a hawk has been very frustrating and disappointing but he can take some real confidence into the pre season now.

Got votes in Rd.23 v the dogs. How good! Feels like a good omen for things to come. Expect to see piles of votes for Mitchell, O'Meara and Burton for the next decade. Wouldn't be the dumbest $50 put on him for next year's Brownlow. The umpires obviously notice him and you can get him at $67.

upload_2017-9-25_21-34-4.png

Got votes in Rd.23 v the dogs. How good! Feels like a good omen for things to come. Expect to see piles of votes for Mitchell, O'Meara and Burton for the next decade. Wouldn't be the dumbest $50 put on him for next year's Brownlow. The umpires obviously notice him and you can get him at $67.

View attachment 420698
Interesting to note while Burton received 2 votes, McGrath got nil.:$

Feels like the 76ers with Embiid, Fultz and Simmons. I have no idea what Burton, Sicily and O'Meara will be in 5 years, and there's some dark timeline in which two get traded/leave and O'Meara/Embiid never gets his body right, but damn you can't help but think it's a beautiful picture ahead.

https://www.exclusiveinsight.com/jaeger-omeara-this-injury-wont-defeat-me/

I’m proud to share with you that I’ve never felt better. Mentally, and physically, I can’t remember ever being in better shape to where I am now.

I know there are blue skies ahead.

And I also know that there will be those who suggest I might not get back to my best football. That the ruptured patella tendon is too difficult an injury to overcome.

But I’m in such a positive space right now. I understand more than ever what is most important to me, which is proving to myself and everyone who has continued to support me that I can overcome this challenge. I know it’s a difficult injury to overcome, but I have already made some promising steps in the right direction and I’m confident I can get back to my best footy.

On the plus side, having spent a considerable time in rehab, I know my knee really well.

The rest of my body is feeling just as good. After experiencing mid-season soreness, my confidence grew another inch when I managed to come back and play the last two games, especially for Hodgey’s (Luke Hodge) final game as a Hawk.

I’m itching to go again – I wish the season was starting right now to be honest. I feel like I could play footy tomorrow.

I’m really looking forward to this pre-season; we still have a number of weeks before we get back to Waverley Park but I’m ready to go.

I can’t wait for the 2018 AFL Season, so I can get back to playing the game I love.

"I’m itching to go again – I wish the season was starting right now to be honest. I feel like I could play footy tomorrow."

Sounds like he's in a really good headspace with footy again.

Interesting this hasn't seemed to rate a mention in any of the mainstream media outlets.
Yeah, and I'm even still reading posters from opposition teams say "He'll be lucky to play again".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back