Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick] - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of boom or bust speculation here about JOM,personally I don't think either is correct, if he has lost his explosiveness which is likely then he will be an above average AFL player and a good servant of the HFC
Yet the GCS offered the guy 800k a year contract.

Go figure.

A lot of boom or bust speculation here about JOM,personally I don't think either is correct, if he has lost his explosiveness which is likely then he will be an above average AFL player and a good servant of the HFC
Normally i agree with you, but he didnt look bad in his 2 NEAFL halves, still had a great acceleration away from contests.

Yet the GCS offered the guy 800k a year contract.

Go figure.
Apparently, but that may just be BF talk

I believe the Suns were banking on him getting back to his best, just as the Hawks have.

All I am saying is that there is a lot of opinion on this thread that has him booming or busting, my opinion ( worth no more than others) is he will be a very handy player but perhaps not as explosive as in the past, if that proves correct then it brings him back to the pack.

It is but Id be staggered if we didn't land a FA or 2 (what I've heard behind closed doors) - if we don't then that trade is very smelly for us

My point is that you would have been able to recruit an FA regardless of whether you did this trade or not. In fact, Hawthorn would have been able to pay more to FAs, if they weren't paying ~750k per annum for JOM.

So, getting JOM has in fact reduced Hawthorn's flexibility to get another free agent.

My point is that you would have been able to recruit an FA regardless of whether you did this trade or not. In fact, Hawthorn would have been able to pay more to FAs, if they weren't paying ~750k per annum for JOM.

So, getting JOM has in fact reduced Hawthorn's flexibility to get another free agent.

Perhaps we were happy to pay overs knowing what FA's will be with us next year.

I'm speculating - wait n see I guess...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats his work load at the moment? Full training yet?

He's up in Mooloolaba in training camp, with the rest of the boys.

From the images supplied on the HFC website, he seems to be partaking in most if not all of the drills.

Hawthorn do a similar thing with all recruits.

They manage them with kiddie gloves when they first walk in the door so that nothing surprises them.

For this reason you'll see a lot of Tom and Vickery also doing glove work at training until the medical staff think that they are conditioned enough to completely join the program.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back