Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick] - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be really impressed if he can play as an inside mid like he used to. Think he'll be far more outside going forward due to the knees.

For those that didn't know here's an article of JOM on the AFL website.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-12/star-hawks-recruit-omeara-declares-fitness

To summarise, he looks likely to play round 1 against the Bombers rather than his predicted return in round 4 and he should play some part of the JLT series which is a good sign.

Apart from the good news that he should be ready for round 1, I think JOM in the side will really add to the intrigue of the match between the Hawks and the Bombers. Should be a cracker of a match for both Hawks and Bombers fans as well as neutral fans such as myself. Really looking forward to seeing him return.

For those that didn't know here's an article of JOM on the AFL website.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-12/star-hawks-recruit-omeara-declares-fitness

To summarise, he looks likely to play round 1 against the Bombers rather than his predicted return in round 4 and he should play some part of the JLT series which is a good sign.

Apart from the good news that he should be ready for round 1, I think JOM in the side will really add to the intrigue of the match between the Hawks and the Bombers. Should be a cracker of a match for both Hawks and Bombers fans as well as neutral fans such as myself. Really looking forward to seeing him return.
For me if he doesn't play at least one jlt or jtl match he shouldn't play round 1, put him in a vol game for a half and then if he recovers well and no soreness round 2.

I can tell you that there will be a lot of nervous/excited hawks fans watching O'Meara for his first match.
Will kind of be like watch Menzel when he came back

For me if he doesn't play at least one jlt or jtl match he shouldn't play round 1, put him in a vol game for a half and then if he recovers well and no soreness round 2.

I can tell you that there will be a lot of nervous/excited hawks fans watching O'Meara for his first match.
Yeah I'm really looking forward to watching him play again. Looks in great nick physically and seeing the intra-club vision, it doesn't look like he's really lost any of his pace and he still looks to be really dynamic and poised with the ball in hand whether that's in space or around the stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm really looking forward to watching him play again. Looks in great nick physically and seeing the intra-club vision, it doesn't look like he's really lost any of his pace and he still looks to be really dynamic and poised with the ball in hand whether that's in space or around the stoppages.
Two bits of vision that really put my mind to ease:

That one clearance it showed where he got 1st touch turned on a dime and sprinted from the pack 0-100.

And that other play where he kicked then followed the play like a wingmen and received it from the player he kicked it to.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Except we sat through his years of recovery and you guys just get to see the return. So not quite like Menzel.

Regardless, I would love for him to make it back to his elite head over the ball explosive contested beast style of footy. I think he'll certainly be able to come back and play really well off a wing but I'm very curious to see if he can play as an inside mid at AFL level like he used to. Was played purely outside in the NEAFL games I watched last year but hadn't lost any speed, agility or touch. Just didn't go near a hard ball, was probably protecting himself for the Hawks though.

Two bits of vision that really put my mind to ease:

That one clearance it showed where he got 1st touch turned on a dime and sprinted from the pack 0-100.

And that other play where he kicked then followed the play like a wingmen and received it from the player he kicked it to.

Pretty much explained what I really liked when I saw that vision to a tee. Don't think there's really a question mark on him replicating his ability prior to his injury but just more so being able to play footy without getting anymore injuries that could potentially hamper his career.

That gang takle by 2 geelong players, 3rd player stripped the ball from him. Only to be caught by a driving jaeger after breaking free from those 2 taklers.

Very good signs for a 1st game in 2 years.

Where are all the "He will be lucky to get on the park" heroes now?

Are they still as hopeful as ever that he has a setback?

Great to see JOM up and about, as a footy fan really would love to see him back at his best.
Think with all the really elite young talents, it's such a joy watching them play it really doesn't matter which team they play for.

Agreed, you never want to see young talent laid-low due to injuries regardless of the club.

Stop being a dickhead.

Very few people (I will admit there were some here but most non-Hawthorn fans simply ignored them) want Jaeger to have a setback.

Most people who commented on the trade commented on the risk of his knees not lasting over sustained time (multiple matches)

It was great to see him up and about, hopefully the next game he gets abit more game time and they continually build him up so he is ready for round 1.

I for one, would love to see him run out against us in that first round.

Roughy, JOM and the returning players would make one hell of a crowd.

No one's barracking for him to not play football.

Just lots of people pointing out that he's a very risky proposition, particularly for the price hawthorn paid.

Anything less than a long term fully functional jaeger- and it's been a dumb move by hawthorn.

Oh and I'd be a little careful crowing about how successful it's been before he even plays a single game. Or 2. Or 10. Or 20.
You might well end up looking rather stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back