Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick] - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

You may have alluded to it

Anyway will be good to see him in the normal season

Sorry, wasn't my intention but I can see how it came across like that, thats my bad.

ITT non-Hawthorn people who genuinely want to see him playing regularly are in the minority, its not hard to see through the faux concern. But that's the nature of a footy fan, its cool.

You said I went early with my call that the deal looked like a good one. I disagree with that. Based on what has been seen so far, he seems match fit and playing well, plus we have him for 10 more years. I'm still pretty stoked with it.

So an Essendon guy praises O'Meara, I put up a post saying I can't believe I'm agreeing with you for the 2nd time in an hour and it got deleted. Can anyone explain to me why this post would get deleted?

Really happy to see him playing so well.

Hawthorn backed themselves and took the risk and so far looking great guns.

Can a Gold Coast fan give some details about how JOM deals with a tag because I think it might come often for him this season.

Really happy to see him playing so well.

Hawthorn backed themselves and took the risk and so far looking great guns.

Can a Gold Coast fan give some details about how JOM deals with a tag because I think it might come often for him this season.

From me in another thread:

Got the tag a couple of times at the back end of 2014 after Ablett got injured.

Was tagged by Lester in the Q-Clash, held to 12 possessions. However, had 13 tackles.

Looks like the tag went to Prestia in this time mostly though

From me in another thread:

Got the tag a couple of times at the back end of 2014 after Ablett got injured.

Was tagged by Lester in the Q-Clash, held to 12 possessions. However, had 13 tackles.

Looks like the tag went to Prestia in this time mostly though

I can see Prestia getting the tag before JOM to be honest. For much the same reason that Zaka gets the tag for us. Prestia would be easier to take out of the game.

Looks like when JOM got the tag he simply got down and dirty on the inside which is a good thing in my opinion. Out of all the Hawthorn midfielders JOM is likely the one to be tagged.

Mitchell is a ball magnet and there is no real point to tagging people who like to be at bottom of packs.
Shiels has not shown himself to be really a threat with the ball in hand. More a grunt player.
Burgoyne and Hodge have too much silk and experience so will take themselves to areas of the ground where they can beat the tagger.
JOM is the danger player and the only Hawthorn midfielder who looks likely to burst from the congestion so he will likely get that tag coming regularly.

I can see Prestia getting the tag before JOM to be honest. For much the same reason that Zaka gets the tag for us. Prestia would be easier to take out of the game.

Looks like when JOM got the tag he simply got down and dirty on the inside which is a good thing in my opinion. Out of all the Hawthorn midfielders JOM is likely the one to be tagged.

Mitchell is a ball magnet and there is no real point to tagging people who like to be at bottom of packs.
Shiels has not shown himself to be really a threat with the ball in hand. More a grunt player.
Burgoyne and Hodge have too much silk and experience so will take themselves to areas of the ground where they can beat the tagger.
JOM is the danger player and the only Hawthorn midfielder who looks likely to burst from the congestion so he will likely get that tag coming regularly.

Isaac Smith as good a shout as any to be tagged IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this guy, but it would make me feel better if we could actually blood a decent mid ourselves.
Sides with high picks and young gun mids can only wish of rolling out of the MCG on the last day, three years running.

It ain't so bad.

Jeagar won't have any issues getting into the thick of it either if he has a heavy tag.
What will go in his favor is his leg speed. He's a different mixture to most midfielders, sort of like Dangerfield in a sense.
He still won't have the physical power to nullify the tags all together, that will come in another 2 years or so but unlike Selwood, he'll cop a tag and struggle as he just doesn't have the speed to constantly break away from them.
In most cases, the tagger assigned are much quicker athletes.

JLT week 4
Omeara vs Those traded away to get him

S Mitchell 39
J Lewis 29
B Hill 23
Total - 91 disposals

J O'Meara 27
Total - 27 disposals

Difference 64 Disposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back