Traded Jaeger O'Meara - [Traded with F4 to Fremantle for Lloyd Meek and F2 (Dogs)]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see how he helps us and don't see why we would bring him in after not paying Acres. Any Hawks fans here that would be sad to see him go?
The guy is an absolute beast and an awesome team player.

Not the guy you want to be your number 1 midfielder - but a ripper to have at the club. Disappointed to see him go.

Not necessarily how you think. Could be the club will only trade one of Meek or Lobb so a work around is being looked at.
Yeah that's the other option, I did mention in one of my posts that Meek is more likely to stay then Lobb because you guys need to trade Lobb for picks so you can trade for O'Meara and or Sharp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Hawthorn willing to pay Freo much of his salary next season ? (According to Damo)
We have the capacity to do it. And it adds flexibility for Freo they can move money forward and have room to bring someone in next year or the year after.

Firstly in their roles I would say Acres is a better winger than Jaeger is an inside mid.

Secondly - we need Acres more than we need an inside Mid.
Acres has played half a season of good footy in his career. O'Meara wipes the floor with Acres in every category essentially. I think youre over estimating Acres on the wing because of his first half of the season and under estimating how consistent O'Meara is in the midfield.

Acres has played half a season of good footy in his career. O'Meara wipes the floor with Acres in every category essentially. I think youre over estimating Acres on the wing because of his first half of the season and under estimating how consistent O'Meara is in the midfield.
One of the main issues Hawthorn supporters have raised about O'Meara is that he lacks consistency and goes missing.

I think you didn't read what I wrote. Acres is a winger. I was saying we need that more than an inside mid. As a winger, gut running, power running etc Acres is better than Jaeger.

One of the main issues Hawthorn supporters have raised about O'Meara is that he lacks consistency and goes missing.
This has been less true the last 2 years. Ironically this year was one of his best, how seamlessly he transitioned to less CBA and was flexible to be thrown all around the ground. His consistency from position to position was a strength.

This is probably one of the reasons you guys are keen on him.

Alot of players go missing, but going through his season stats and while he was down on possessions his stoppage, clearance and defensive work was all exceptional. And as a midfielder this was one of his more "average" seasons.

If he goes missing while still putting those stat lines together I would be picking him over acres any day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back