Traded Jaeger O'Meara - [Traded with F4 to Fremantle for Lloyd Meek and F2 (Dogs)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Alot of players go missing, but going through his season stats and while he was down on possessions his stoppage, clearance and defensive work was all exceptional. And as a midfielder this was one of his more "average" seasons.

If he goes missing while still putting those stat lines together I would be picking him over acres any day.
Spot on, he gets thrown around a bit into off ball positions. He actually is quite consistent now, but if you see him get 12 touches and dashing clearances one quarter and then he spends alot of time off ball the next it seems like he is down on tv.

I think you didn't read what I wrote. Acres is a winger. I was saying we need that more than an inside mid. As a winger, gut running, power running etc Acres is better than Jaeger.
Well you compared apples and oranges actually, it was acres is a better winger than o'meara is an inside mid.

We do need gut running and I think we have the players to fill acres void but I do not think acres effectiveness and statistical output is a winger is better than O'mearas as an inside mid.

Well you compared apples and oranges actually, it was acres is a better winger than o'meara is an inside mid.

We do need gut running and I think we have the players to fill acres void but I do not think acres effectiveness and statistical output is a winger is better than O'mearas as an inside mid.
Ok - I think Acres is a top ten to 15 wingman in the comp. Jaeger is not a top 20 inside mid.

Alot of players go missing, but going through his season stats and while he was down on possessions his stoppage, clearance and defensive work was all exceptional. And as a midfielder this was one of his more "average" seasons.

If he goes missing while still putting those stat lines together I would be picking him over acres any day.
All good. Just reporting what the people who watch him most think. For me there are some alarm bells there. And contradicts talk of seeing him as a leader. Sure he may have a good attitude or something, but what we would be looking for is performance ability in finals.

Certainly don't want to overpay in any way, including the reported 4 years unless that is simply smoothing salary.

Spot on, he gets thrown around a bit into off ball positions. He actually is quite consistent now, but if you see him get 12 touches and dashing clearances one quarter and then he spends alot of time off ball the next it seems like he is down on tv.
One of the stats that made me question him going missing is his 20+ pressure acts, 5+ tackles and 1.4 one percenters per game. Those stats won't really get noticed when you're expected to be racking up disposals.

Ok - I think Acres is a top ten to 15 wingman in the comp. Jaeger is not a top 20 inside mid.
Well I'd like to see your list of 20 inside mids that are better than him in that case.

I'd also argue that an inside mid will effect the game alot more than a winger.

One of the stats that made me question him going missing is his 20+ pressure acts, 5+ tackles and 1.4 one percenters per game. Those stats won't really get noticed when you're expected to be racking up disposals.
Yeah he is an all rounder when it comes to midfielders. He will be apart of your rotation to protect the young guns, he also offers a good game from the flanks and other roles so you can easily rotate him in and out depending on what's going down on ball.

Teams like Geelong won't be able to bully you guys next year.

That depends on how much is a salary dump.

Don't be surprised if Meek is a straight swap.

Jager leaves then Mitchell stays.

2nd rounder gets it done. He is 29 isn't he?
Mitchell more likely. O'Meara still a bit to go. I don't think Hawthorn are budging at all on the price.

Freo would love to have it as a straight away for Meek. Won't happen.

Just an example of a club that sometimes goes the enforcer.
Id say the biggest reality check was Collingwood in the finals. They bullied our mid's something shocking and we really didn't have that big bodied mid to get in there and sort it out.

Id say with it being alot of our kids first finals definitely didnt help by piling on even more pressure ontop of being smashed in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id say the biggest reality check was Collingwood in the finals. They bullied our mid's something shocking and we really didn't have that big bodied mid to get in there and sort it out.

Id say with it being alot of our kids first finals definitely didnt help by piling on even more pressure ontop of being smashed in the midfield.
Yep Pies with Crips and Degoey, Doggies are another teams that hits hard as well when they want to.

Bigger highlighted that Brayshaw is a bigger bodied mid than JOM

Yep Pies with Crips and Degoey, Doggies are another teams that hits hard as well when they want to.
Either way, I think his general presence even if he isn't winning the ball will help the likes of Brayshaw and Serong stay in the game. Especially if you add Fyfe into the mix next season, teams wont be able to afford to leave them both free and between them they cant definitely take back control of the midfield battle, something that the likes of Acres sure as hell wouldn't be able to do.

Either way, I think his general presence even if he isn't winning the ball will help the likes of Brayshaw and Serong stay in the game. Especially if you add Fyfe into the mix next season, teams wont be able to afford to leave them both free and between them they cant definitely take back control of the midfield battle, something that the likes of Acres sure as hell wouldn't be able to do.
This is actually why most Hawks fans would rather keep O'Meara over Mitchell. Newk is a big boy, and Ward doesn't take a backwards step but they don't have seasoned body's yet. O'Meara does alot of protecting l getting inbetween big hits. You don't get stats for these things.

During the early part of his career JOM looked like he could be the best in the comp. Sad that injuries have resulted in him being a serviceable but not outstanding footballer.

1. To get a better pick
2. To meet the salary cap floor
Cash for a pick is a good move by a developing club.

At the moment, we don't have assets to please the Hawks.

Meek and pick 44 is not quite enough for a cash discounted O'Meara.

Maybe, both Fremantle and Hawthorn have different set of trades according to how much the Hawks pay.

Probably not but most teams have 2 maybe 3 wingman while having 4-6 inside mids. Depth for inside mids is always going to be stronger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back