Traded Jaeger O'Meara - [Traded with F4 to Fremantle for Lloyd Meek and F2 (Dogs)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be interesting to revisit some of “those essays” to see if what was written has occurred..I would also love to see some of the responses and feedback I received at the time from fellow supporters..
Do you think this may be because they doubt that a Hawthorn supporter can hold such negative views about the most successful club of the modern era?
But chacun a son gout!

I wonder if this is just a bit of posturing to force Collingwood to pay up more for Mitchell? "Well we don't HAVE to let Mitchell go, we've got Plan B here...."

Or perhaps a sign that the Mitchell deal is not going through at all?

Would be odd IMHO to turf out all of their experienced guys; you think they'd retain at least a couple.

I wonder if this is just a bit of posturing to force Collingwood to pay up more for Mitchell? "Well we don't HAVE to let Mitchell go, we've got Plan B here...."

Would be odd IMHO to turf out all of their experienced guys; you think they'd retain at least a couple.

Assumes we have a plan other than "get rid of everyone who Clarko brought in".

The hope is that we get 27 for Mitchell if it's used through the Grundy deal, and then 19 for O'Meara.

The club went on record last year of saying that we want a certain amount of selections within the first 30 over the next 3 drafts.

This would give us 6, 19, 24 and 27. A very solid hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a very strange trade for both. GWS don’t really need him and they are trying to get their cap under control as it is.

And if Hawthorn lose Gunston, Mitchell, and JOM in one fell swoop they are going to end up like North Melbourne 2020-2022.
Apparently the story is GWS give a decent pick and Hawthorn pay all (or most) of his salary....

Seems a very strange trade for both. GWS don’t really need him and they are trying to get their cap under control as it is.

And if Hawthorn lose Gunston, Mitchell, and JOM in one fell swoop they are going to end up like North Melbourne 2020-2022.

Hawks will pay all the salary apparently if it's pick 19.

The hope is that we get 27 for Mitchell if it's used through the Grundy deal, and then 19 for O'Meara.

The club went on record last year of saying that we want a certain amount of selections within the first 30 over the next 3 drafts.

This would give us 6, 19, 24 and 27. A very solid hand.

Omeara and mitchell arent worth picks that high.

Would be interesting to revisit some of “those essays” to see if what was written has occurred..I would also love to see some of the responses and feedback I received at the time from fellow supporters..
You nailed it everytime. Every prediction turned out to be spot on. With all this experience leaving Hawthorn you'll be bottom 4.

You nailed it everytime. Every prediction turned out to be spot on. With all this experience leaving Hawthorn you'll be bottom 4.

Pretty good upcoming draft crop to be bottom 4, especially with Tassie and compromised drafts likely around the corner.

Almost like Mitchell is planning for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back