Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll rephrase. You think players can nominate for the draft and refuse to do medicals?

Yes, Luke Ball did. It was a big talking point at the time.

"Essendon will use a pick (No. 9) in the 2009 pre-season draft. The club has four picks in next week's national draft (10, 24, 26 and 33), one of which it may use on former Saint Luke Ball, who has refused to talk to the club or be medically assessed."

The link to the age article is gone but here's the thread on it.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/luke-ball-does-not-want-to-play-for-essendon.653093/

I'll rephrase. You think players can nominate for the draft and refuse to do medicals?
Would it be the same as when Wingard told GWS not to pick him as he doesnt want to live in Sydney and would leave straight after his contract was done? I dont think a player can be forced to do a medical but I dont know the exact rules

Would it be the same as when Wingard told GWS not to pick him as he doesnt want to live in Sydney and would leave straight after his contract was done? I dont think a player can be forced to do a medical but I dont know the exact rules
I wonder why the demons picked watts before nic nat?? Hmmmmm hahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hearing clubs have been talking this week, are miles apart on an agreement
Deal will collapse
GC to find a new suitor or PSD
I'm hearing the opposite.

Even Barrett on his latest trade radio said he had heard similar rumblings, miles off
Could be 1 in the to hard basket even for Graham wright
Ha, Barrett.

It will get done.

Even Barrett on his latest trade radio said he had heard similar rumblings, miles off
Could be 1 in the to hard basket even for Graham wright
Ha, Barrett.

It will get done.

Luke ball did and as far as i know they havent changed the rules to ban that.

Luke ball did and as far as i know they havent changed the rules to ban that.

It just doesn't seem right.

What's to stop every every 18 year old kid that doesn't want to leave their home state doing the same?

I think it's fair enough when it comes to trades but once a player nominates for the draft they should be subject to screening.

I'm hearing clubs have been talking this week, are miles apart on an agreement
Deal will collapse
GC to find a new suitor or PSD
doesn't O'Meara have to give the go ahead on the trade? I'm pretty sure he does, which then means there is no other team and we will just take him in the psd.
his manager has already come out and said he wants to go to hawthorn and no other team.
so i think that would scare off teams and let him slide to us.

trade will get done. of course they will a bit far off as you will want the world and we only want to give up barley nothing. than meet in the middle.

doesn't O'Meara have to give the go ahead on the trade? I'm pretty sure he does, which then means there is no other team and we will just take him in the psd.
his manager has already come out and said he wants to go to hawthorn and no other team.
so i think that would scare off teams and let him slide to us.

trade will get done. of course they will a bit far off as you will want the world and we only want to give up barley nothing. than meet in the middle.

Don't think he has ever said
'Hawks or no other team'

Just said he has nominated Hawks due to there fitness team.

Slide you mean.. Offer up fringe players and expect GC to accept?

Plenty of other Victorian teams I bet with pretty good fitness teams as well.

Norths musts be pretty good. David swallow has been there a few times this year for work on his dodge knee

The door is always slightly ajar until that signiture is on the paper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back