Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

We read it... means sweet F* all. They get nothing if they send him to the draft. Only option if they have is trade him to the club of his choice. If he gives them a list, Great! But that's a pipe dream as no player has done that.
* him send him to the draft, let him roll the dice with the next supplement program we have picks coming out of our ass

We read it... means sweet F* all.
Shock horror.

Rules also dictate that a club (in this case, Gold Coast) cannot send a player to any old club, either. The said player needs to actually sign off on it. Players whose contracts expire during 2016 have basically three options;

1) Nominate a club and have their present club negotiate with destination club
2) Have their present club find a club for them (but O'Meara would have to sign off on it). Can't even remember when this happened last (FWIW, I can remember when players have said in the past that they'd be happy to go to one on two or three specific clubs, example: go to Adelaide or Port, as long as the player gets back to SA).
3) If all breaks down, and if both parties (present club and O'Meara) can't find a resolution, he'll become uncontracted as his contract will expire and can then enter the draft. Rarely happens but this is the Nick Stevens to Collingwood scenario, where he ended up at the Blues.
So where does that leave the GC statement?

Rules also dictate that a club (in this case, Gold Coast) cannot send a player to any old club, either. The said player needs to actually sign off on it. Players whose contracts expire during 2016 have basically three options;

1) Nominate a club and have their present club negotiate with destination club
2) Have their present club find a club for them (but O'Meara would have to sign off on it). Can't even remember when this happened last (FWIW, I can remember when players have said in the past that they'd be happy to go to one on two or three specific clubs, example: go to Adelaide or Port, as long as the player gets back to SA).
3) If all breaks down, and if both parties (present club and O'Meara) can't find a resolution, he'll become uncontracted as his contract will expire and can then enter the draft. Rarely happens but this is the Nick Stevens to Collingwood scenario, where he ended up at the Blues.

1) happens all the time

2) yet to see ever happen. Polec refused to go to Adelaide who offered more to Brisbane.

3) happen to McCarthy too. Wanted Richmond but ended up at Port.

Pick 1 for Fyfe, then walk JOM into PSD ..... bombers could have a strong lineup next year.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Why not use pick 19 to lure Hogan and pick 37 on Dustin Martin.

You guys will be pretty good with Fyfe, Hogan, Martin and JOM and all you gave up was picks 1, 19 and 37. Not sure why the club just doesn't do it.

**** him send him to the draft, let him roll the dice with the next supplement program we have picks coming out of our ass
I remember thinking that when Darren Jarman wanted to go back to SA
Shock horror.

So where does that leave the GC statement?
They either follow through or don't. If they follow through, they don't get anything in return and he'd fall to Essendon. They make a stand that they won't get pushed around, but inevitably, you lose out because you'll miss out on picks/players if you had have traded. It's not an uncommon statement, Brisbane had a similar stand about Aish last season.

FWIW, I think if players haven't reached qualification for FA, then the AFL needs to step in play a role in that specific trade.

Why not use pick 19 to lure Hogan and pick 37 on Dustin Martin.

You guys will be pretty good with Fyfe, Hogan, Martin and JOM and all you gave up was picks 1, 19 and 37. Not sure why the club just doesn't do it.
I like your thinking. Just the salary cap issue. Is there an easy way to cheat that?

If I'm Brisbane I tank and get pick 1, then tell GCS they'll pick him with Pick 1 in either draft. GCS do a favourable trade with them in return.

Let JOM stand out of footy if he doesn't like it.

QLD fight back against these self entitled flogs shafting them.

Last edited:
It will be a stretch but assuming both nominate Hawks, Tom Mitchell will cost us this years 1st and a 2nd out of Hill trade. JOM will cost us next years 1st and one of our previous 1st rounders.

Many will lose their mind if we netted both.

It won't be picks only, it will also be a good player that will go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints winning won't impact their finishing position so don't think Brisbane need to 'tank' as such.

However if I'm Saints I just get out by 3 goals and coast to a 3 goal win and watch Brisbane still finish 2nd last!

If I'm Brisbane I tank and get pick 1, then tell GCS they'll pick him with Pick 1 in either draft. GCS do a favourable trade with them in return.

Let JOM stand out of footy if he doesn't like it.

QLD fight back against these self entitled flogs shafting them.

"Self entitled flogs" lol qld footy needs to look itself in the mirror before having a go at players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Self entitled flogs" lol qld footy needs to look itself in the mirror before having a go at players

Mitch Clarke, Harley Bennell, Charlie Dixon and Justin Sherman all say hi.

Comment was referring to JOM lol. And clarke dixon etc arent the reason qld footy is stuffed so not sure how relevent

Maybe part of the reason QLD footy is stuffed is because come trade time they are routinely raided and let other clubs and the players they lose treat them like bitches?

They should make a stand if the Lions get P1 starting with JOM.

Maybe part of the reason QLD footy is stuffed is because come trade time they are routinely raided and let other clubs and the players they lose treat them like bitches?

They should make a stand if the Lions get P1 starting with JOM.
Yeah that's much better than addressing the reasons why all these players can't wait to leave.

Yeah that's much better than addressing the reasons why all these players can't wait to leave.

Of course it's also much easier to wave a hand and claim it's all due to the clubs than actually examining the issue.

Of course it's also much easier to wave a hand and claim it's all due to the clubs than actually examining the issue.

Won't get much sense out of Bomber fans while they have their richly deserved No 1 pick...too busy drooling over the PSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back