Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon FC Worst Nightmare the 2018 Draft

Well it looks like they'll get a pretty early first round pick given their current ladder position. Perhaps they can find another back pocket to complement their #1 pick from the 2016 draft. Sadly for them, their second rounder is GWS's rather than their own, and while GWS appear to be stumbling right now, once they get some players back it is hard to imagine GWS's pick being very early. No third rounder for bombers. Almost main board thread worthy. If they finish bottom 4 they don't have a lot of picks to bargain their way out of their current malaise. Their first rounder will get them a decent player at trade for clubs still dumb enough to think early picks are worthy exchange for good players, but after the last trade period, I wouldn't be too confident they'd be getting the right player anyway. Perhaps time to go the Carlton route and bite the bullet for a long term rebuild. The current mob seem mentally ****ed, which isn't surprisingly given what a number of the core group have gone though over recent years. Perhaps a second thread topic could be an accident of history thread talking about what could have happened if not for getting caught. Could easily have been multiple flags.

O’Meara will play his eight consecutive game on friday night against Sydney. Remember when opposition supporters hoped he was cooked and will be lucky to play another 5 games. :oops::thumbsu:
EFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shitter than shitter, we are giving s**t a bad stench
I wonder what that does to new recruits. Happened last year with us - Mitchell and O'Meara come on board and the wheels completely fell off. They must have wondered what they hell they got themselves into.

Happening at Essendon now. Smith, Saad and Stringer would have been sold a story of an emerging team and a bright future.

I wonder what that does to new recruits. Happened last year with us - Mitchell and O'Meara come on board and the wheels completely fell off. They must have wondered what they hell they got themselves into.

Happening at Essendon now. Smith, Saad and Stringer would have been sold a story of an emerging team and a bright future.

We have the advantage of a good coach who can instill belief in players.

It’s the height of arrogance. They thought they were going to do well this year #becauseessendone

It would be s**t no doubt, just need to keep doing what they are doing and do their bit to help turn things around.

It’s the height of arrogance. They thought they were going to do well this year #becauseessendone
Arrogance? How so?

it's not like we traded a bunch of late 20 early 30's in. All the 3 trades were early 20 in age so are most definitely a long term look.

O’Meara will play his eight consecutive game on friday night against Sydney. Remember when opposition supporters said he was cooked and will be lucky to play another 5 games. :oops::thumbsu:
i think you mean 10th consecutive game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back