Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

this lad is finally and hopefully going places..

done enough and done more than enough to make his position worthy..
love his positive attitude. is is still going to be hard but he is still going to point
himself northward...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bull with super speed, and good finishing class and skill. Showing glimpses of that great combo of inside-outside we all knew he could be. Slowly reversing his contested:uncontested possession ratio to be more damaging with Mitchell feeding him - today was probably his best game in terms of getting the balance right (has been either too inside or too outside at stages this year). I'd think with another pre-season under his belt he'll start like he has since the bye from round 1 next year which will be a great sight.

In another thread Hawthorn fans are saying Mitchell is their best midfielder by far in 2018, and that he is carrying the midfield this year. If that is the case it doesn't say a lot for O'Meara. I personally think O'Meara is going okay, but no more than that.

Those Hawks fans you are vaguely referring to were wrong. Mitchell has had plenty of help in the middle this year from JOM, Smith and Shiels who have all had decent seasons along with McEvoy. Depth is the issue for us in the middle.

I remember watching that game, and listening to the commentary about not being sure if Smith could kick the distance, thinking 'um, do you even watch football?'
Remember watching the Gf recall they do, and Smith was saying how during his celebration, Hodge ran past and told him to pull his head in and concentrate.

Amazing to be 5 years on, hodge gone and now Smith is a leader.

Time flies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back